Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Featured Content Gallery

Old Mar 25, 2009, 09:40 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Can anyone give me an example of the container code used to install the Featured Content Gallery?

Thank you,

Michael
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:08 AM
eyup

34 posts · Mar 2009
Bump.

yeh it would be great to put it somewhere in the header area.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:09 AM
eyup

34 posts · Mar 2009
Actually maybe it like adding flash:

Turn the header image off at Atahualpa Theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header area and edit header.php

which might translate to:

<!-- Header -->
<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">

<?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata['configure_header']); ?>
<div><?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?></div>

</td>
<!-- / Header -->

gonna test it out...

Last edited by eyup; Apr 8, 2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 09:55 AM
eyup

34 posts · Mar 2009
ahh well can't get it to work.

the box area comes up but it's a no show for content.

Seems to be quite a few plugin conflicts too - eg with lightbox

dang.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:29 AM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
Featured Content Gallery and WP e-Commerce do not work together either.
Old Apr 8, 2009, 11:31 AM
eyup

34 posts · Mar 2009
Anyone know of an alternative?
Old Apr 8, 2009, 06:38 PM
Suzie

24 posts · Apr 2009
You might try D13 Slideshow. I couldn't get it to work for me, even with WP e-Commerce deactivated. This guy has it working though .
Old Apr 8, 2009, 08:05 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
http://wp27.bytesforall.com/

In header.php, replace

PHP Code:
 <?php wp_enqueue_script'jquery' ); ?>
with
PHP Code:
<script type='text/javascript' src='<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.2.6'></script>
and move
PHP Code:
 <?php wp_head(); ?>
below
PHP Code:
     $bfa("a.xhtmltags").click(function(){ $bfa("div.xhtml-tags").slideToggle(300); });
});
//-->
</script> 
and below any other jQuery code you may have added in header.php.

It's well known that jQuery and mootools (which Featured Gallery Script uses) don't play well with each other, but I was including jQuery in a specific way for that very reason to allow Mootools to work, too. Appears that jQuery needs to do its stuff first regardless.

I'll be adding jQuery in this rather manual way again as shown above. If Wordpress adds a new jQuery version then this wouldn't work anymore. Alternatively jQuery could be added fully manually, through the jQuery file included in Atahualpa, but that would mean that it gets loaded twice if a plugin loads it as well. That wouldn't cause an error, but unnecessarily add 50KB to the first page load of every visitor.

Last edited by Flynn; Apr 9, 2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Added: Move <?php wp_head(); ?> below jQuery code
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:51 PM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
Hey Flynn,

I downloaded a custom widget program and put the content gallery into the widget. Do you know how I would change the code so that Featured Content Gallery works it in the sidebar? I tried the method you wrote, but I guess it's only for the header. Other than that I'm loving the theme. Thanks!

-Chris
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:31 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Post #8 is required to make it work as such

You should be able to put the actual Gallery code into a sidebar too, i.e. with the http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/ by putting this into the widget

<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
Old Apr 22, 2009, 12:16 AM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
Hi Flynn,

I tried that, but I got this as an error when I loaded the page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function php echo get_option() in /home/maximum5/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/header.php on line 25
Old Apr 22, 2009, 05:29 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
What WP version do you have? Replace the word get_option in the code above with the older function get_settings
Old Apr 23, 2009, 01:30 PM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
Hey Flynn,

I have 2.7.1. I changed get_option('siteurl') to get_option('home'), and I don't get the fatal error anymore, but the widget still doesn't work. It appears, but stays on the loading screen. Any ideas?

Thanks for helping me out by the way.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 03:18 PM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
So the featured content gallery works if I put it in the header.php file. If there isn't a way to get it to work in the widget, is there a way to get it to only appear on my main page (and not on the individual post pages)?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To put it in a widget use the PHP code widget. To display only on the homepage use

<?php if ( is_front_page() ) {
include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php');
} ?>
Old Apr 24, 2009, 10:20 PM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
Alright, this is driving me crazy.

I guess it's just not working for me. First I got that get_option wasn't defined. Then I finally got it to work (kind of) and it said that wp_head() wasn't defined. Then I started over with the original header folder and none of it worked.

I appreciate all your help, but I just don't know what could be wrong. It looks like you got it to work fine on yours. Are those the only changes you made to it?

Thanks
Old May 16, 2009, 01:32 PM
inastagewhisper

6 posts · Apr 2009
I just downloaded the updated theme and it works perfectly on the front page!

So is there a way now, to put the featured content gallery on the sidebar? I try it with the php code widget, but I get a gallery that's stuck in loading mode. Help!

Thanks!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:33 PM
Jcasteli

15 posts · Jun 2009
Right now, Hoboken, NJ
Can you help me understand how to place the Featured Content Gallery on my "Greetings" page (static homepage)? I am looking for detailed directions, because much of this above I don't understand. In what file specifically and where in that specifically would I place the...

<?php include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>

Thank you.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 06:00 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put the code from post #15 into index.php, right after get_header(); ?> in line 3
Old Jun 5, 2009, 06:50 PM
Jcasteli

15 posts · Jun 2009
Right now, Hoboken, NJ
http://www.twobackpackers.com/

It looks like I'm making some progress...It's working in Firefox but not IE6. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Jcasteli; Jun 5, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 09:42 AM
mal1986

17 posts · Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcasteli
http://www.twobackpackers.com/

It looks like I'm making some progress...It's working in Firefox but not IE6. Any suggestions?
How are you getting yours to work??? I cannot for the life of me get mine to show up! It worked for a few days and then it vanished. It's part of the reason I haven't gone live with this theme yet. It's something I would really like to include, and while the proper code is in the main index.php, it's as if it isn't there at all . . .

http://jt4breakfast.com/test/

It should appear right before the first post.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:29 PM
Jcasteli

15 posts · Jun 2009
Right now, Hoboken, NJ
I viewed your website on Firefox 3.0 and it works perfectly.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 04:15 AM
mal1986

17 posts · Jun 2009
^Hmmmm . . . . I could never see it. I just gave up and used another plugin called CBFeatured and it works amazingly.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 06:28 AM
Juslyn

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi all,

I just moved from 3.4 to 3.4.2 and the Featured Content Gallery has gone from working well to just a white box with a black border.

Any suggestions?

Cheers guys.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 09:18 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Have you changed the web host too? I just tried and couldn't get it running on a server with Nginx but it worked on Apache. Still investigating...

What are your Javascript internal/external settings?