Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

WP-Cumulus widget not working in my sidebars

Old Jun 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
PabloMu

5 posts · Jun 2010
Hello,

I have been trying to use the WP-Cumulus plugin with WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.5.1 but whenever I add the widget to either my left or right sidebars it only shows a static list of categories and a note at the botton saying that I need to update my browser's flash player to v9 or higher. I have the most up-to-date versions of flash player in both FF 3.6.3 and IE8, and have been able to run it properly using other themes. This is the site where I want it up and running: http://blog.lldmvalledeluces.org/

Any suggestion you can provide is much appreciated.

PabloMu.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try disabling all your other plugins. I just tested it in 2.9.2 with 3.5.1 and it works fine, but in your site I also got the error message. Leds my to suspect a pluginm conflict
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:28 AM
PabloMu

5 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Try disabling all your other plugins. I just tested it in 2.9.2 with 3.5.1 and it works fine, but in your site I also got the error message. Leds my to suspect a pluginm conflict
Thank you for the prompt response, Juggledad! I deactivated all the plugins but the wp-cumulus and even removed the widgets from my sidebars, leaving only the wp-cumulus one. However, when I go to the site and refresh it both in FF and IE I am still getting the static category list with the flash player error.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this go to zenofmud.org and see if you can see the tag cloud rotating - it's wp-cumulus, I just installed it.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:37 PM
PabloMu

5 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
try this go to zenofmud.org and see if you can see the tag cloud rotating - it's wp-cumulus, I just installed it.
I do see it in FF and IE. Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 02:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
must be something on your server of the plugin isn't working. I'd download a fresh copy to make sure.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 03:53 PM
PabloMu

5 posts · Jun 2010
It's got to be something with the server or my installation like you said because I am successfully running the plugin in other server with a different theme and I just updated it to Atahualpa 3.4.9 and the plugin is still working. I guess I will have to backup everything and do a "clean install" of WP to see if I can get rid of the error... I am a WP newbie so that is the only solution that comes to my mind.

Thanks again for all of your help, Juggledad. Atahualpa is a great theme with thousands of customization features and the support the users get in the forums is world-class service! I'll go ahead and do my first donation.