Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebar does not show on template pages

Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:05 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
I want the sidebars to show on some pages that I have used templates on. Is there a way to code that into my template? When I put <?php get_sidebar; ?>, it adds an archive list at the bottom of my page.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In ATO>Style & configure Sidebars you can select what pages they don't show on.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 08:59 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
It is set to show on all pages. I think they are not showing because they are templates. The pages that I don't use templates for are just fine.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:15 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
How did you build your templates?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:23 AM
cjl921

7 posts · Sep 2010
I started with a template 'category.php' from the 'zenlite' theme, and removed what I didn't want.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
This is a forum for the Atahualpa theme. You would need to check on their forum for help with that. If you are saying you use their php file as the starting point for an Atahualpa template then you are definitely going to have problems.