Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Questions for Theme Frame


  #1  
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:00 PM
chevymanusa
 
11 posts · Aug 2010
Send a message via AIM to chevymanusa
Hi Theme Frame Mods/Devs,
I have been watching/lurking theme frame and the forums since early November of 2009.
First let me say Thank you to those who put together Atahualpa theme, very nice work!

I am on the verge of purchasing Theme Frame and I have a couple of questions for you fellas that some of I was unable to find under search results. That said, here are the questions.

1)How does Theme frame work?
a)Is it a stand alone program?
a1)If not, is an existing version of word press required to develop themes?
a2)If it is a stand-alone program what are the system requirements? (ie. Windows? 32/64bit?)
b)How does the licensing work for Theme Frame?
b1)Is it license issued to a individual or to a specific web site address?
b2)If it is a stand-alone program, how do are you handling authentication/piracy?
b3)Are you limited to using one specific computer?

2)Is there a time-line that is being used for the Theme Frame development?
I know this can be hard to say, since you guys obviously want to release a product with few or no flaws. I am only asking because since Q1 of this year, I have seen posts about how Theme Frame would be out of beta in the coming days/weeks and then the same is said within days of that time passing. While I understand that the beta is usable. I would like to know if there are actual plans to have a final and/or release build ready to go this year or next year or if it will be just when it's ready?

These are all the questions I can think of right now but I am sure I will have more down the road.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Keep up the good work!
-Chevyman
  #2  
Old Aug 28, 2010, 08:15 PM
bookmom
 
42 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymanusa
Hi Theme Frame Mods/Devs,
I have been watching/lurking theme frame and the forums since early November of 2009.
First let me say Thank you to those who put together Atahualpa theme, very nice work!

I am on the verge of purchasing Theme Frame and I have a couple of questions for you fellas that some of I was unable to find under search results. That said, here are the questions.

1)How does Theme frame work?
a)Is it a stand alone program?
a1)If not, is an existing version of word press required to develop themes?
a2)If it is a stand-alone program what are the system requirements? (ie. Windows? 32/64bit?)
I've read the entire private forum, but just downloaded and installed it today. It's sort of stand-alone; doesn't run in WP but on your computer, but the themes you create with it obviously then need to be loaded onto WP on your host to run. Currently it will run anywhere Firefox will run, but you need to install something like WAMPserver first. Lest that sound big and scary, it's a simple install. I have it running on an old, slow laptop with low memory, and watching stuff on Netflix at the same time (because it's Saturday night, and Dr. Who beckons).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymanusa
b)How does the licensing work for Theme Frame?
b1)Is it license issued to a individual or to a specific web site address?
b2)If it is a stand-alone program, how do are you handling authentication/piracy?
b3)Are you limited to using one specific computer?
As I understand it, it's GPL, with no restrictions on where you use it, either on how many computers or to create how many sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymanusa
2)Is there a time-line that is being used for the Theme Frame development?
I know this can be hard to say, since you guys obviously want to release a product with few or no flaws. I am only asking because since Q1 of this year, I have seen posts about how Theme Frame would be out of beta in the coming days/weeks and then the same is said within days of that time passing. While I understand that the beta is usable. I would like to know if there are actual plans to have a final and/or release build ready to go this year or next year or if it will be just when it's ready?
Flynn just said the other day that we should be expecting new builds every few days. Here I was reading about Beta 11, and when I went to download it, Beta 12 was available!

Hope that helps. I had loads of questions just yesterday, and still have some.
  #3  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:50 AM
chevymanusa
 
11 posts · Aug 2010
Send a message via AIM to chevymanusa
Thanks for the quick informative reply, Bookmon.

Your reply, along with http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=95 answered most of my questions.

I suggest that Flynn (or the responsible party) post the information listed at:
http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=95
on the home page (themeframe.com) as text or link for it will answer a lot of questions other newbies will have.

One question that didn't find an answer to is will the required software for theme frame run on Windows XP Professional x64 (bit)?

Thanks again!

-Chevyman
  #4  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:05 AM
DavePorter
 
130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymanusa
Thanks for the quick informative reply, Bookmon.

One question that didn't find an answer to is will the required software for theme frame run on Windows XP Professional x64 (bit)?

Thanks again!

-Chevyman
Hi Chevyman,
Yep, no problems...
Just download WAMP & you should find it works fine...
If you do run into any issues, try this info:
http://www.elxis.org/guides/develope...l-windows.html
cheers, Dave
  #5  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 01:25 AM
chevymanusa
 
11 posts · Aug 2010
Send a message via AIM to chevymanusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePorter
Hi Chevyman,
Yep, no problems...
Just download WAMP & you should find it works fine...
If you do run into any issues, try this info:
http://www.elxis.org/guides/develope...l-windows.html
cheers, Dave
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply!

I checked your link and it looks like this is if you want to run the 64 bit of their software. I don't believe that is necessary for me to just run the software for theme frame as I am not looking to have WAMP take full advantage of my system. But thanks again for the link.

Do you have an link for the version of WAMP that is required to run theme frame?

Again, thanks in advance for your help!
-Chevyman
  #6  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 02:24 AM
DavePorter
 
130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Well I guess just the download link at their site!

http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

cheers Dave
  #7  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:08 AM
chevymanusa
 
11 posts · Aug 2010
Send a message via AIM to chevymanusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePorter
Well I guess just the download link at their site!

http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

cheers Dave
Do you know if
http://www.pampserver.com/unofficial_wampserver2j/

Will work just the same? As far as I can tell it is the same just that all the packages are up to date.

Thanks again for the help, Dave!
  #8  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 03:59 AM
DavePorter
 
130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Nice find!

I need to install WAMP on my Notebook (Windows-7, 64 bit).
So I'm downloading it now and will try it out and let you know...
(May not get back to you until tomorrow - it's Sunday night Beer time here is West Aus !)
cheers Dave
  #9  
Old Aug 29, 2010, 07:25 AM
DavePorter
 
130 posts · Mar 2009
Perth, Western Australia
OK, did the install - all looks exactly the same as the official version...
Installed TF, played around for 10-15 minutes and all seemed fine !

cheers Dave

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does Theme Frame preserve Atahualpa's standard settings ? 3ukman ThemeFrame Presales 4 May 21, 2012 02:15 AM
theme frame...... theme creators.... wheresnifty ThemeFrame Presales 2 Feb 15, 2010 03:52 PM
Theme Frame perfomance 3ukman ThemeFrame Presales 2 Feb 14, 2010 01:15 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.