Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Display Previous/Next links on gallery attachments

Old Aug 3, 2010, 08:42 PM
johnp

2 posts · Aug 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm using Atahualpa 3.3.3 on WP 3.0.1

When individual gallery attachments (eg: photographs) are displayed in some themes, they are full-size and there are Previous/Next links added below them.

I would like Atahualpa to do this.

I have tried adding an image.php template which works in other themes, but the php stops rendering anything at the point it calls ft_previous_image_link. It does show the photo full-size.

I next added the attachment.php from the 2010 Theme - this also shows the photo full-size, and adds working links to the next attachment, but the php again stops abruptly soon after this.

Am I on the right track here?

Am I missing anything?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by johnp; Aug 3, 2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you insert a gallery using the NextGen Gallery plugin there is a choice called image browser and that is exactly what it does. Has a big picture with previous next buttons.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:52 PM
johnp

2 posts · Aug 2010
Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks for the suggestion.

I installed NextGen and had a look, but it is overkill for what I want.

If it just worked like the default (2010) theme I'd be happy.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I played around with this for a bit and think I see what you mean. The next previous in Atahualpa do indeed work differently for single gallery attachments. I will pass this along to the developer. I would still recommend you try NextGen even though it seems like overkill as it does what you want much more easily and doesn't rely on "attached" images. You can just select the images you want to include in a gallery and change easily if you want to.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The NEXT/PREVIOUS is meant to work with pages - What you are looking for is a new feature to be added.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:34 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Atahualpa Next/Previous works fine with pages. It just doesn't work the same as 2010, for example, with single picture attachments when using the WP Gallery function. The Gallery function is a bit funky so is not much of an issue to most as other gallery plugins are much more robust and just plain easier to use.