Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Read More Tag Not Working

Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:00 PM
BlackMagic2001

9 posts · Nov 2009
I can't seem to get the "read more" tag to work at all. I am using WP 3.0.1 and Atahualpa 3.5.2. I've tried to get the tag in work using both HTML and Visual modes of the page/post editor. I do not have the problem with WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.6. Is there a fix?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
works fine for me
make sure you are not using excerpts, if you are the '<!--more-->' must be before the Excerpt Length is exceeded
what is the url? point to an example
paste the post text with the <!--more--> so we know where it goes
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Do you have the various area of ATO>Configure Excerpts set to Excerpts Only?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:30 PM
BlackMagic2001

9 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks Guys.

This is the url of the page in question....
http://areckoning.com/spiritual-view..._finances_god/
and the page text is this...

I highlighted the "more tag" in this post so that it can be seen easier.

Trust Your finances to God's provision
Forwarded by M. Haggins and S. Stewart, Atlanta GA
Tuesday August 03 2010

God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19 (NIV)
<!--more-->
"The Bible says, "God will meet all your needs" according to his wealth and his riches. It's not based on your assets. It's based on what God has and he doesn't run out of resources. "

Everybody has financial fears. You don't have to be poor to get anxious about money. You don't have to be on welfare to have financial fears. In fact, it seems the more you have the more you have to maintain, to insure, to protect, to worry over.
<blockquote style="font-size: 125%; font-weight: bold; text-align: right;">"The Bible says, "God will meet all your needs" according to his wealth and his riches. It's not based on your assets. It's based on what God has and he doesn't run out of resources."</blockquote> But God gives us a guarantee regarding our finances. Philippians 4:19 says, "God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus." This verse is so packed! I want you to notice several words.

Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's a single post page. The more tag won't affect single post pages. It is used for excerpts.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:58 PM
BlackMagic2001

9 posts · Nov 2009
Got it! I see it now! It works properly. Thank you.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 07:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you want to force a break in a single page, you can use <!--nextpage--> to cause the break
Old Mar 20, 2014, 08:13 AM
dplaut

8 posts · May 2013
I am having same problem and don't understand from other posts what is wrong. If I put this in a post:

<!--more-->

this displays: [...] on the home page but it is not a hyperlink. When I view the source of the page in a browser I see this:

<p> [...]</p>

Why is this not a hyperlink?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go read the on screen documentation for the 'Read More' option
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:02 AM
dplaut

8 posts · May 2013
I had to modify the theme's read more tag. I expected the default to work and it did not.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If the home page is displaying the posts as excerpts and the excerpt length is less than where the <!--more--> is in the post! the excerpt will be displayed using the 'custom read more' which defaults to the [...] so there are two places you need to look at in the theme options.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 08:42 AM
dplaut

8 posts · May 2013
Actually, I made the change on the Custom Read More setting on the Configure Excerpts tab. Works fine now.
I find that this works well:
[...Continue reading: <a href="%permalink%">%title%</a>]