Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Keeping Customizations while Updating from Ata 3.4.6

Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:14 PM
agallia

16 posts · Feb 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
I am using WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.4.6. I love this theme and the ease of use but seems it is time to upgrade.A couple of questions...
  1. I have made several customization changes to the Ata theme options in 3.4.6 which I want to keep with the Ata upgrade. How can I do this?
  2. WP Auto Upgrade only lists 3.4.9. Should I use this or download 3.5.1 or later and install?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Customizations done via the theme options are stored in the database and are automatically upgraded. Upgrade to 3.5.3 and do a database backup first
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:56 PM
agallia

16 posts · Feb 2010
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Customizations done via the theme options are stored in the database and are automatically upgraded. Upgrade to 3.5.3 and do a database backup first
Thanks for the response. Yes, I have backed up my database.

But I didn't realize that 3.4.6 theme option customizations were saved in the database. When I upgraded to 3.4.6 a while back, I had to change all customized options as they were then reset to default. Luckily I had kept a printout of all pages with modifications. So when I upgrade from 3.4.6 to 3.5.3, the theme options will stay as I have now have them.

Please confirm.

Thanks again. Al

Last edited by agallia; Jul 23, 2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Clarification and request for confirmation
Old Jul 24, 2010, 04:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes they should still stay.

What version did you upgrade to 3.4.6 from? the settings should have stayed.

Make sure to do the update manually and upload the entire atahualpa353 folder to the themes folder so you can swap back and forth to check things out
Old Jul 29, 2010, 01:08 PM
therhythmcenter

3 posts · May 2010
I just tried manually upgrading from 3.4.6 to 3.5.3 but the some of my customizations are not converting over to the new theme. The widths are not correct and that makes me wonder if other things are not coming over that I may be missing initially. Any ideas? Thanks!

I just looked at some other differences header heights, rss links, menu colors are all different...

Last edited by therhythmcenter; Jul 29, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2010, 06:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you have both versions of the theme installed, you can swap back and forth. Activate version 3.5.3 and you can go to EXOPRT/IMPORT Styles and at the bottom of the page press the 'Delete bfa_ata4'. Only do this once, it will rebuild the options for 3.5.3 from your previous version. If you press this after making any changes in 3.5.3 you will loose them since it will delete the row and rebuild from the 3.4.6 version.

This only works for 3.4.6 and earlier versions. As of 3.4.7 (avoid 3.4.7/3.4.8) the options are stored in one row in the database for performance.