Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

atahualpa questions!!

Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:32 PM
Wailana

3 posts · Jul 2010
Okay, I'm having some difficulties with the Atahualpa. My questions:

1. Is there a way I can delete the footer called "Powered by WordPress..." etc. ? I want to delete that whole line so it doesn't show. Is this possible?

2. Is there a way I can add a dynamic text line below the header and above the blog content? I want to put a dynamic line of quotes, so that every time someone reloads each page, a unique quote text appears below the header picture.

3. I'm having trouble with Twitter Tools. So far it says no tweets at this moment. How can I make it so that the tweets from my twitter account show up on the site??

please see http://thegrovereview.org to see the website.

Thank you!!!
Wailana
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
See Answers below in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wailana
Okay, I'm having some difficulties with the Atahualpa. My questions:

1. Is there a way I can delete the footer called "Powered by WordPress..." etc. ? I want to delete that whole line so it doesn't show. Is this possible? - The instructions for that are in the Gold Forum. You have to have donated at least $20 to be a member of the Gold Forum.

2. Is there a way I can add a dynamic text line below the header and above the blog content? I want to put a dynamic line of quotes, so that every time someone reloads each page, a unique quote text appears below the header picture. - You could add a new widget area ant find a plugin that adds that functionality.

3. I'm having trouble with Twitter Tools. So far it says no tweets at this moment. How can I make it so that the tweets from my twitter account show up on the site?? - You would have to check with the Twitter Tools people for that.

please see http://thegrovereview.org to see the website.

Thank you!!!
Wailana
Old Jul 14, 2010, 08:46 PM
Wailana

3 posts · Jul 2010
Can I have some real answers from someone with real, practical solutions?
Thank you.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm sorry Wailana if my answers didn't seem real but I'm not sure how I could have answered your questions any better. I have added some detail below if it helps.

The instructions for removing the footer are indeed in the Gold forum which is accessible after you have donated $20

As for the dynamic text line. In the Atahualpa theme options there is a section called Add New WIDGET AREAS where you will see the instructions for adding a widget area just about anywhere on the page. After that you could just put a text widget into that widget area to display the text you want. If you need more info on creating a widget area just let us know.

I wasn't trying to be rude when I said to check with the plugin author as the issues you are are having appear to be related to that plugin and not Atahualpa which this forum is about. Therefore I would expect that there site or forum, if they have one, would be the best help you could get.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wailana,
lmilesw has given you practical advice. I suggest you read
Advice to newbies (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3845) and
So..you have a problem and need some help... (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606)
if you want anyone to help you. If this is too much for you you can always hire someone to help you. There are many members who would be willing to take this on, you can post a request in the 'Customization, Design, Programming... ' forum (http://forum.bytesforall.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:59 PM
Wailana

3 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you for your helpful comments.
And I apologize if I seemed dismissive and brisk, I was feeling frustrated that evening.
~Wailana
Old Jul 19, 2010, 03:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
We have all been there Wailana.