Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How do I number the commentsin 3.5.1? The other tutorials don't work.

Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:50 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
Can anyone help me? I have tried the tutorials here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7264

And here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1303

But neither work and the last one just throws errors for the comments and makes the comments completely disappear.

I am stumped.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 04:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
So just to be sure I understand fully. For the last one you installed the Threaded Comment Numbering plugin, made the changes indicated to comments.php, and got errors. Is that correct. If so what were the errors?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:38 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
I didn't take a screen shot of the errors. Sorry.

But it made the existing comments disappear and just had a repeating "WARNING...."

I guess I could try it again, and take the screen shot. LOL
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:44 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
OK, here is the error I get:

Warning: call_user_func(gtcn_basic_callback) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/chicky/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1308
Old Jul 5, 2010, 05:46 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
OK, I had to uninstall and reinstall greg's threaded plugin and now it's working.

Apparently if you have it already installed you get errors. OY.

Can I still style the numbers just like I do in other themes using this plugin or is there a trick to that too?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 06:03 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
New and interesting problem...

I am trying the same thing on another client's blog and when I click to edit the comments.php, I get the message "the theme does not exist"

HUH?

http://musingmainiac.com
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would check out the plugins site or forum. Someone there may have run into the same problem.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
when I click to edit the comments.php, I get the message "the theme does not exist"
possibly an htaccess issue
Old Jul 8, 2010, 03:17 PM
Shan_LSOS

60 posts · Jun 2010
It actually turned out to be the compete meta tag the client added to her blog. I had to reinstall everything.

OY.