Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

specifying different header & header heights for the home page vs. all other pages

Old Jul 1, 2010, 02:09 PM
ktbiz

6 posts · Aug 2009
Hello!

I have attempted to use the same code that seems to be working for others to specify a unique header for the home page and a standard header for the other pages. The two headers have different heights, as well. Here's what I have pasted into my "CSS Inserts" box:

body.page-id-3 div#myimage {
background-image:url('http://customoutdoorfirepits.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/header/2.banner.COF.jpg') !important;
position:relative;
margin:0;
padding:0;
height:250px;
}

#myimage {
background-image:url('http://customoutdoorfirepits.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/header/3.banner.COF.jpg') !important;
position:relative;
margin:0;
padding:0;
height:160px;
}

However, instead I get a random selection of one of the two headers for both the home page and the other pages. The height always stays the same (250 px).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 1, 2010, 02:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have rotating header images turned on?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 08:35 PM
ktbiz

6 posts · Aug 2009
On the "header image" Atahualpa options page, there is the question:

Rotate header images with Javascript?

I have this set at "0" so I think I do not have rotating headers turned on. Is there someplace else I should look?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 05:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
looking at the source of your page, I don't see a page with an id of 3, you have
a 'About' page with an ID of 13,
a 'Contact' page with an ID of 15, and
a 'Online Custom Project Form' page with an ID of 17, but no page ID 3

Where did you come up with that page id? and you have no references to 'myimage' in the code other than the CSS.

Go back and review the thread you got this info from.

(when referencing another thread, it's a good idea to point to that thread)
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:10 AM
ktbiz

6 posts · Aug 2009
Hi juggledad,

Here are the two threads that I got the CSS code from:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7012
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7523

If there is another thread that tells how to do it in a more complete way, please point me to it.

My goal is to have 2.banner.COF.jpg always come up with the home page, with a height of 250 px, and to have 3.banner.COF.jpg always come up with every other page as the default header, with a height of 160 px. (Note that I got the file names incorrect in my first post, and have corrected them with the "jpg" suffix, but it still does not work any better.)

As for the page ID:
My home page does not have a title, so maybe that's why it isn't showing up on that list. However, if you look down a little further in the source code you see <div class="post-3 page hentry category-uncategorized post" id="post-3"> .

To answer your question of where I got the number "3" from, in the WordPress admin for "edit pages", if I click "edit" for the (no title) page, the url for editing the page ends in "post=3". Here is the url to edit the page: http://customoutdoorfirepits.com/wp-...on=edit&post=3

Thanks!

Last edited by ktbiz; Jul 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:50 AM
ktbiz

6 posts · Aug 2009
Hello! Is there someplace where I can find instructions for creating a header that has image A with one height on one page, and image B with a different height for all the other pages? Is this possible to do with Atahualpa?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Sure do a forum search just answered that recently