Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget links

Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:47 PM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
I've used ATO Widget List options to set widget hover colors and also tried CSS, but am not seeing anything at http://flow-dynamix.com/free-resources-to-get-unstuck/.

Might it have anything to do with the Flexipages widget? If so, I know I need to follow-up with the author. I did have the hover color when I started but lost it. I'm inclined to think it's more my own lack of knowledge rather than the plug-in, though.

I'm using 3.4.6 and here's what I tried on the CSS based on another thread I read. Most of the CSS is re: the bullets, but I thought it might be important to show it all. If there's an answer for hover, I'll hope to apply it to active, as well, which is why you see the repetitive CSS sections.

div.widget ul li a:link {
border-left: 0 !important;
padding-left: 0 !important;
}
div.widget ul li a:visited {
}
div.widget ul li a:active {
font-weight: bold ! important;
}
div.widget ul li a:hover {
color: #01857D !important;
}
div.widget ul {
/* for other styles, try "disc" and "square" instead of "circle" */
color: #00A79D;
list-style-type: disc !important;
padding-left: 0;
margin-left: 0;
}
div.widget ul li {
/* 1.35 or more required for Safari or bullets too wide on the left */
margin-left: 1.35em;

/* overwrite existing display:block Firefox */
display: list-item;
}
div.widget ul li ul{
list-style-type: none !important;
}

Thanks!
Caryn
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Are you using Chrome or Safari. Those two don't show the hover state but Firefox and IE 8 do.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:41 PM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks so much, Larry! Yup, Safari user here. Happy to see the hover in Firefox and I'll have my Explorer-using partner check it out. Still not clear if I can work the active link, but this is a great step forward. Much appreciated... especially at this hour!

Best,
Caryn
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
...ummm...Hover most certainly does works in Safari and I expect in Chrome also. The order of the psuedo class is very important. Taken from w3schools.com
Quote:
Note: a:hover MUST come after a:link and a:visited in the CSS definition in order to be effective!!

Note: a:active MUST come after a:hover in the CSS definition in order to be effective!!
you need to re-order your css so the active comes last.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:03 AM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
Ah, LoVe-HAte order. Shame on me for not remembering. Safari's still not cooperating, but since that's likely a small part of audience (primarily business people), I'm not too concerned.

So the hover works great in Firefox (Mac) and Explorer (PC), but still no luck with the active, which I'd love to see as bold to reinforce where people are in the nav -
div.widget ul li a:link {
}
div.widget ul li a:visited {
}
div.widget ul li a:hover {
color: #D5B35E!important;
}
div.widget ul li a:active {
}
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the last two of your css inserts are causing a conflict, remove
HTML Code:
div.widget ul li {
margin-left:1.35em;
display:list-item;

}

div.widget ul li ul {
list-style-type:none
}
or just put an 'x' at the begining and see what happens
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:59 AM
Caryn Inspired Raw

28 posts · Jul 2009
That indeed restored hover to Safari... but I lost my bullets, which I think are more important, but I'll consider.

Didn't seem to have any impact on Firefox and the active link format.