Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Styling subpage widget

Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:28 AM
Vnugrda

2 posts · Jun 2010
Hello
I m new to Wordpress and this theme so aapologies in advance if I missed something obvious.
I m trying build a subpage navigation menu. I created a new widget field in the center and I installed the Subpages plugin. This all works but now I want to style the links to the subpages differently. I want them to be horizontally oriented and a different font, linkhover color, size etc. Where can I do that?

www.vnugrda.net/Rieskrater is the page I m working on.
thanks
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It's now where to do that it's how. This requires using some CSS. I recommend using Firebug with Firefox to figure out CSS selectors and then you you will have to learn some CSS. When you installed the widget area you left the name at my widget area. It's a bit more useful if you change the name to something that reflects the use of the widget area like "top menu widget area" but in your case the following CSS if added to the CSS Inserts in Atahualpa will "start" you down the path of a horizontal menu.
HTML Code:
#my_widget_area li {
float:left;
margin-right:20px;
}