I see many posts that talk about editing the theme files such as index.php or functions.php. Now while this may be OK to fix a known issue or take care of a special requirement their are a few things all who are new to this theme should consider.
- Most everything you want to do can be done in the Atahualpa Theme Options.
- Editing the theme files will mean you have to remember to edit them again if you update the theme.
- Editing a theme file can sometimes break the site so you should have FTP access so you can fix.
- Plugins may offer the solution you are after.
- Ask here before editing theme files.
- Most everything you want to do can be done in the Atahualpa Theme Options (I figured this should be said twice for emphasis).
Just my $.02