Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Comment Link Redirects to the Top of Page and No Comments Show

Old Jun 1, 2010, 05:35 PM
The Gourmand & the Peasan

12 posts · Jun 2010
I (an advanced beginner) have been working on making comments easier, but I seem to have messed something up.

My url is www.thegourmandandthepeasant.com.

When you scroll past the first post, there is a blue bar that says, on the current post, One Comment. I believe that is called the kicker.

However, when you click on it, the page reloads as www.thegourmandandthepeasant.com/title/of/post and you are back at the top of the page. And you can't see the comment. If you click on the bottom of the reloaded page where it says "One Comment," nothing happens.

I was following the instructions to get the comment box visible at the bottom of each post, and I think that I changed something that I can't find or fix.

Help! And Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2010, 07:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I suggest you get a new copy of teh theme on your pc, then re-upload a fresh copy of the code you were changing
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:04 AM
The Gourmand & the Peasan

12 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks Juggledad. Is there a thread around here that explains how to do that?
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can look at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4887 which explains about FTPing images.

If you were changing the actual php code, you just want to upload an unedited version of the code you were changing. So if you made changes to functions.php, uploading a fresh copy will wipe out your changes and you should be back to the begining before you made any changes