Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] help: i messed up my bfa_header_config.php file and my whole site is down!

Old May 26, 2010, 03:08 PM
kopperwoman

3 posts · May 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I just put up a skeleton site at http://www.kopperwoman.com

I installed the Atahualpa theme, which I love. The site was starting to shape up, I was making tweaks here and there and wasn't having any problems.

Then I commented out one section of the code in bfa_header_config.php
When I saved that one change, my entire Wordpress site, *including* my admin pages, crashed.
I get this error message now, no matter what page I try to view (including the admin pages):
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/1/l/le/leah/kopperwoman.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 388

I can see from this that the error must be that I didn't comment out a closing bracket on one line of the code.

The problem is, now I can't get into my admin pages to re-edit the code (to either take out the commenting or find the one stray closing bracket and comment that out).

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to fix this?

I'd rather not lose my whole site, so I'd rather not just do a new install of Wordpress and the Atahualpa theme.

Last edited by kopperwoman; May 26, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 26, 2010, 04:30 PM
kopperwoman

3 posts · May 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I figured it out myself, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

I just went in through FTP, found and downloaded the php file, fixed it, and loaded it back up.

Rock-and-roll.