Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Rotating header images only on static home page?

Old May 24, 2010, 09:18 AM
ourworldmyeye

2 posts · May 2010
Hi there,

I am creating a website using the Atahualpa, where the front page of the site is a static page and the blog element is on a different page within the site.

What I would like to do, is have the rotating header image appearing on the front page, but none of the subsequent pages - does anyone know if that is possible?

I know you can specify certain pages exclude certain items on a page - but is this possible to do with the rotating banner?

Many thanks

John
Old May 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
mb_halifax

2 posts · May 2010
I'm looking for an answer on this one as well.

If I add a pages.php page and leave out the Header tags, would that work?

Thoughts?

thanks, I'll keep searching and if I find anything I will re-post it here.

marc
Old May 24, 2010, 05:56 PM
mb_halifax

2 posts · May 2010
I did a search in the forum after I found this and saw a few way to do it.

I added a plugin (Dynamic Headers) and I added this code below the default code, and turned off the %image in the admin pages. I didn't delete any code in the header.php page.

HTML Code:
		<!-- Header -->
<td id="header" colspan="<?php echo $cols; ?>">

Default --- <?php bfa_header_config($bfa_ata_configure_header); ?>		

NEW ---- <?php if(function_exists('show_media_header')){show_media_header();}?>

</td>
<!-- / Header -->
Old May 25, 2010, 07:30 AM
ourworldmyeye

2 posts · May 2010
Nice one mb - I will give it a try myself later.

Have you got a url that shows this amend in operation by any chance?

So affectively, you are using the Dynamic Headers plugin to insert a rotating header on the static front page, and turning the option off within Atualpha itself?

Does Dynamic Headers let you specify which pages it appears on then?

Thanks for sharing your solution - I struggled to find anything when searching the forums!