Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Put a background color behind header image (newbie)

Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
Quasar2010

2 posts · Apr 2010
I want my preferred blue (#A6ADDB) to appear behind images so that certain images which have transparent areas will show this blue instead of the default white.
In Sept. 2009, juggledad wrote a solution for a background color behind the image (I think). That is what I want to do rather than have the blue showing in the main body by editing "Body, Text & Links". I was able to change Horizontal Bar 1: Styling to A6ADDB.
Where exactly do I place this code?
Wrap the code in a div like '<div class="gnec">.....</div>'
then use a css insert
HTML Code:
div.gnec {
background: #00ff00;
}

[ Using WordPress 2.9.2. and Atahualpa 3.4.6 ]

P.S.>> ATAHUALPA ROCKS!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm confused, do you want a blue behind your header image or as the background for the site?
what is the url? sometimes taking a look explains a lot, please point out a sample.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 04:32 PM
Quasar2010

2 posts · Apr 2010
Hi Juggledad - Yes I want ...
blue behind your header image

I do NOT want to have the blue throughout the site if I can help it. I've looked and looked and see no way to change the color ONLY behind the header images.

Would very much appreciate knowing how! Below is one of the images that is in the
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header folder. It is meant to look like all one header with blue on left, middle and right to fill the wider space than the image is.

Last edited by juggledad; May 25, 2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 07:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the way to do that is to set the background for the body to have a color you want, then point to a url that has an image that is blue and is the height of your header. so the image will show behind the header and the rest of the body would be the color you choose

your image can be a small strip and you add 'repeat-x' to the option
Old May 25, 2010, 04:45 AM
wmike1503

10 posts · Feb 2010
Hi,

The header image is found within the div 'imagecontainer' and the class 'header-image-container. I would assume that placing a 'background-image' or 'background-color' into either of these would result in the desired background color.

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to to be able to see where to put this. The options don't seem to be the place. The stylesheet has no effect.

I am, obviously, missing something really simple here.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Mike
Old May 25, 2010, 05:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The header image is designed to fill an area of the header. The header is comprised of the menu bars, logo area and header image and some bars. You can reorder these any way you want. Normally you specify the header image height and provide an image that is at least as wide as our page will be so it will fill the area. If you want to go above and beyond this, you will have to add a CSS Selector and rule to the CSS Inserts area in the options.