Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

One Layout, two color schemes that you can switch via Widget? How?

Old May 20, 2010, 09:49 AM
Faenwolf

3 posts · Apr 2010
Nuernberg, Germany
Hello there,

sorry I opened a new thread, but the first post I did in this Forum didn't seem to geht any attention (see below)

My idea: I wanted to have a light and a dark color scheme for my site... i.e. one black font and white background and another one white font black background...

Then I wanted to place a Widget on the right called "Theme Switcher Reloaded" so that a visitor can change between the two different styles if he wishes to. That would be for people that have difficulties with high contrast sites for example.

I want the page to look basically the same, designwise (same layout, same font, same pictures etc.)...

I just want the colors to change.

So I was trying to have two Atahualpa Installations that only are different in their colors but similar on everything else. I cloned my Atahualpa-Folder (one "atahualpa-white" and one "atahualpa-black") and tried to switch between them with the widget... But soon I realized it isn't that easy because they seem to share the databank or whatever... So colors get messed up when I want to change them:

With basic HTML it would be a simple question of switching two CSS-Files by link... but here it did not work, since the two Atahualpa-Installations seem to share their configuartions somehow... If I change one, the other one changes too.

So I found this thread here and tried it the same way by doing as Jaguwar told... unfortunately I run into the same Problem that the User "Burn" had... I don't get it to work...

Maybe someone here has an Idea how I can solve this? Sorry for my bad English. I hope you understand what I am trying to do...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Faenwolf; May 20, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old May 29, 2010, 05:25 AM
Faenwolf

3 posts · Apr 2010
Nuernberg, Germany
Sorry for the bump... anyone any ideas? Really would be awesome
Old May 29, 2010, 06:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The reason is that the setting are indeed stored in the MySQL Db. I have never tried this but maybe adding your CSS to the styles.css file would work. This of course means that if you ever upgrade Atahualpa you would have to make sure you have a copy of the changes and copy into the new installation. Again... I have never tested this so really don't know if it will accomplish what you want.