Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

right sidebar floats over center flash

Old May 6, 2010, 08:30 AM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
When I resize my browser window, the right sidebar overlaps content in the middle of my Page.
I've tried wrapping a table around the center content, but that didn't help. I've tried placing a transparent .gif that's the same width as my content on my home page, but that didn't help. I've tried placing a transparent .gif that's the same width as my SIDEBAR in my sidebar text widget, but that didn't help.
Does anybody have any ideas?
Thanks!
Cway
Old May 6, 2010, 08:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What's the URL?
Old May 6, 2010, 09:01 AM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
http://blog.paulaskitclub.com
Old May 6, 2010, 09:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Setting your site to a fixed width of 1220px should do the trick. That is really too wide as some people will have to scroll side to side. I would make the center images smaller and set to a fixed width of no more than 1000px. You could also eliminate the right sidebar.
Old May 6, 2010, 09:37 AM
cway

154 posts · Jul 2009
Thanks for the quick response and suggestions, Larry.
I did find another way: set the Layout MIN width to 1220px

I was trying to find a way to keep the home page content AND have recent posts on the home page. Using the sidebar widget was the only way I could think of.
But that's for another topic in the appropriate category.

Thanks, again!
Cway