Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] How do I show "Leave A Comment" after there are already comments to a post?

Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:35 AM
despr8caregiver

4 posts · Apr 2010
I would like to have the "leave a comment" link show up under each post next to the number of comments already left even if there are already comments to a post. As it is now, it says leave a comment if there are no comments and then changes to "one comment" after someone leaves and comment and you have to click on that link to be able to post an additional comment. I think having the link "leave a Comment" under each post no matter how many comments are already posted would make it easier for not so savvy visitors to realize they can leave a comment without clicking on the link that says "three comments". Any comments?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a really simple way would be to edit the Footer options at ato->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS and add the test you want. For example at 'FOOTER: Homepage' it has
HTML Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
you could change it to
HTML Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment - please leave yours', '% comments - please leave yours', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
other than that, it means digging into the code to do what you want.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:49 PM
despr8caregiver

4 posts · Apr 2010
Thank you, that is going to work just great!