Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to change h1 in posts

Old Mar 27, 2010, 02:58 PM
johnharvard

2 posts · Mar 2010
I'm trying to change the h1 style for all of my posts. In "ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box" I added

color:#676767; font-size:21px; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:-1px;line-height:23px;

This had no effect. Clearly the wrong place, but where?
Thanks,
John
Old Mar 28, 2010, 05:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
remember there are three states for a Headline,
the Headline as just text (HEADLINE Box: Text)
the headline as a link (HEADLINE Box: Links)
the headline as a link but being hovered on (HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover)

HEADLINE Box styles the box that contains the post/page title NOT the title itself
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:17 AM
johnharvard

2 posts · Mar 2010
Ok, thanks.
So to actually modify the properties of the h1 would I have to edit the css? Or maybe there's some other place in the Atahualpa config web pages to do that?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:53 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
I think my question is the same. But to be certain, let me ask it in my own words.

I want to change the size of the font in the subject of a post and page. It may be somewhere in the options. But exactly where, I can't tell. May I have specifics please?

For example, what is it now and what would take it down about 25%?

Thanks
Old Mar 31, 2010, 05:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you need to set your font size in all three places - ie
1) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Text
2) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Link
3) ATO->Style POSTS and PAGES->HEADLINE Box: Links: Hover
also consider, the page/post title is an H1 on a single page, but an H2 on a multi post page unlsee you set 'ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?' to 'NO' in which cast they will be H2 in both cases
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:39 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Oops, that's more information than I can handle. Please tell me exactly where and exactly what code must I use to change the font of the page subject in the center column.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I just told you!
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:15 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry if I upset you. But the best I can get from that information is three places where I must make changes. If I understand you I must make all three changes? And I still do not know what to change. I see something there about SEO but I am not asking about SEO.

I apologize for being dense but I'm not trying to be difficult.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you want the post/page title to have teh some look, you must make the change in all three places. This is where you put the CSS Style that you want to have. If you want teh font size to be 21px, then you look up the syntax for font size styling (http://www.w3schools.com/css/ is a very good reference for CSS syntax) and fine it is 'font-size: nnpx' wher nn is some number, so you code
HTML Code:
font-size:21px;
the page/post title is an H1 on a single page, but an H2 on a multi post page unless you set 'ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1?' to 'NO' in which cast they will be H2 in both cases

An H1 and H2 can be different sizes.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:46 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
First of, thank you for your patience with my bumbling. The success of any product such as this theme requires more than just that it be excellent. The more powerful a product, the greater the possibilities for frustrations and mis-understandings. Absent the kind of support you are providing, this theme would fall short of its potential. The world of software development is littered with glittering failures caused by lack of consistent suppor6t.

I've got to get to bed right now in anticipation of an obscenely early start on a long day, but as soon as I can I'll apply your advice.

Joe
Old Apr 8, 2010, 09:21 PM
graham

3 posts · Apr 2010
Hi - I hope this isn't a thread hijack - but it seems closely related.

I too struggle with H1 vs H2 in single post (or page) vs. multi-post (i.e. linked).

My blogs new so I've entered some big values to try and demonstrate. Just controlling size

In HEADLINE Box: Links I'm using
Code:
color: #666666;
text-decoration: none;
font-size: 200%;
In HEADLINE Box: Text I'm using
Code:
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
color: #666666;
font-size: 200%;
My Hover is the same as links except for the color.

The Headline is large on the multi-post page (i.e. blog root) but not on the post page. Any ideas?

TIA for any help.

Last edited by graham; Apr 12, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The title is an H2 on the multi post pages and an H1 on the single post pages (for SEO) if you want them the same go to ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? and set it to NO

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 15, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:48 AM
graham

3 posts · Apr 2010
Thanks juggledad. I think I understood that behaviour from earlier in the thread, but perhaps don't understand the way the theme options affects the style sheet.

I like the SEO capability to have the post header appear as H2 on multi-pages, but as H1 on the single post page. I guess I assumed the theme options for the HEADLINE would update the respective H1 and H2 styles if the SEO was ON.

Maybe I can override the single post header CSS, but I can't do it through the basic settings?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 15, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:04 AM
papalagi

41 posts · Nov 2009
hi everybody

can't seem to change the margin-top and margin-bottom values for <H1> tag

tried adding code to CSS/HTML INSERT, ATO->Style Post & Pages, even tweaking the css.php file, no effect, it's always

margin-top: 10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;

the site is here:

http://kappapiu.com/newsite/services

i'm using the option

Make Post/Page Titles H1: yes

any idea please?

cheers.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:30 AM
papalagi

41 posts · Nov 2009
resolved: i was editing the css.php in the wrong version of the theme

anyway i had to tweak the php file, no results adding code in HTML/CSS inserts, maybe a bug in 3.5.1?
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if all you added to CSS Inserts was
HTML Code:
margin-top: 10px; 
margin-bottom: 10px;
nothing would work because those are the rules. you must have a CSS Selector before the rules to define where the rules will be applied.

By editing the css.php, you will now have to do it everything there is an upgrade. I have yet to see something that has to be put there because you can't put it in the CSS Inserts.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:30 PM
sonya

16 posts · Jun 2009
Austin, TX
So I've changed the SEO options in ATO->Configure SEO->Make Post/Page Titles H1? and set it to NO. Is there any way to set the headline color on single post pages so it doesn't default to black?