Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Giving the comments a left margin

Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:07 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
how can I get the comments area to bump over 45px to the right? I was able to do it for the titles and the field, but I've tried everything I could think of and stuff that I found on this forum and the comments stubbornly refuse to move.

See here: http://www.aspringofhope.org/blog1/?p=12#comments

TIA

Last edited by PixelGraphixDesign; Mar 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this
1) go to ATO->Style & configure COMMENTS->Avatar Style and change the line
margin:0 8px 1px 45px;
to
margin:0 8px 1px 5px;

2) add the following to CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
ul.commentlist li.thread-even {
background-color:#BA8F4A;
border-bottom:dotted 1px #ffffff;
margin-left:45px;
}

ul.commentlist li.thread-odd {
border-bottom:dotted 1px #ffffff;
border: solid 1px red;
}

ul.commentlist div.bypostauthor {
}

ul.children div.bypostauthor {
border:dotted 1px #BA8F4A;
}
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:18 AM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks so much! We are almost there. I still have one line that extends all the way to the left of my layout width. In FF and Safari, it's the line on top of the first comment. And in IE, the whole first comment did not shift to the right.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is how I figure out these issues.
1) view your page
2) view the source of the page (it's a good idea to go to ATO->Configure CSS & JS and set 'CSS: Compress?' to 'NO' - i have a script that will uncompress the CSS)
3) copy the source
4) paste it into a test document and save it with a name like 'mytest.html'
5) open that document in your browser

You can now edit the page source, deleting things, adding things etc and refresing the page in your browser till you figure out what CSS you need to change. Then you can add that CSS to the CSS Inserts to fix your issue
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:35 PM
PixelGraphixDesign

23 posts · Feb 2010
Thank you so much. That will definitely come in handy for future trouble shooting.