Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Trouble formatting center column and posts....

Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:23 PM
neens_wa

8 posts · Jan 2010
Bremerton, WA
I have (obviously) some center column formatting questions.... I've tried to find the answers here, but am coming up empty handed (which really makes me feel dumb!)

1. How do I change the color in my post title? The code I've added in my options isn't working...

2. I have a two column format for posts in the center column, thanks to some code I found roaming around in the bowels of the forum last night... :O) The instructions were to set everything to excerpts; however, my exerpts don't match... the two test posts I have are not balanced... what am I missing here? I'd like them to be the same size.

3. How do I put space between the begin/end of a line of text in these post boxes? The text jams right up against the outline and looks icky.

and while I'm at it... can someone tell me:

4. What size should an image for a background be? x pixels by Y pixels?

This theme is an amazing theme. I wish I'd found it long ago!

nina
btw - ignore the ugly color scheme - it's still very much a ROUGH ROUGH draft.....

http://www.misskitsapfairandstampede.com
Old Sep 17, 2010, 04:46 PM
globalnerds

43 posts · Nov 2009
Saratoga Springs, NY
I can answer some of your questions:

How do I change the color in my post title? The code I've added in my options isn't working...
ATO > Style Posts and Pages. Then change the box below the item that says "Headline Box"

What size should an image for a background be? x pixels by Y pixels?

If you didn't want a repeating background such as:

background: url(/w/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/stripe.png) repeat top left;

You could make the background 1512 x 800. But make sure that you fade in/out your bottom color into a solid color for example, if your background was called my-background.jpg and it changes to a solid black at the bottom you would code it as follows:

background: #000 url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/my-background.jpg) top center no-repeat;

I did this on my site, check it out http://www.globalnerds.com