Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Can't get into WP Admin for old or new blog

Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:47 AM
kmagyarics

25 posts · Oct 2009
I tried moving my WP blog to a new domain--I obviously didn't do all the steps (the SQL database stuff confused me...) and now I can't even get into the WP-admin for the old or new blog. I just get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/k/m/a/kmagyarics/html/wp-config.php on line 2

Can anyone help me out? I'm starting to think I should have just created the new blog from scratch--which is what I might end up doing.

Very frustrated...thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have probably not updated your wp-config.php to point at the new database and userid.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 11:26 AM
kmagyarics

25 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks. Actually, I did. I got the settings from MySQL, but maybe I did something wrong.

But do I need to do anything with my old database? (i.e. rename to the new name, give it the same login credentials and restore it, overwriting the new one?)