Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Php problem and a fix

Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:18 AM
js9600

29 posts · Dec 2008
Besides the problem already mentioned here I had one more. Theme could be installed, though style sheet not entirely functional in preview, but any change I made in settings was never saved. Fix was to change a couple of settings in my hosts control panel (GUI for php.ini editing). Actually nothing to do with php but with an extension, hardening thingy called Suhosin. Well, before:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 200
suhosin.request.max_vars = 200

I increased both to 2048 and theme settings are now saved. Google for how to change, seems like a common "tweak" to increase default. At least new to my host.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 10:51 AM
bseppa

55 posts · Dec 2008
I think I may have this problem but I don't understand your solution. Can you elaborate? Who do you use for hosting?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
js9600

29 posts · Dec 2008
Well if you have that extension you must get access to its settings. Just like with php. Can be done in various ways depending on this and that. My host dont allow much fiddling about with php.ini at all so they have a page with allowed settings to change. Those 2 I listed are in there.

Take a look at this Setting-up-a-secure-and-fast-php-build-for-litespeed/ At the bottom you see a [suhosin] section. Put that in php.ini - or better just those 2 I used and see what happens. I dont know about "suhosin.so", suhosins own ini-thingy I guess. I think you can also set up this in a .htaccess file but not sure - depends on how you host. Check this google search

I guess you know about phpinfo? Anyway, put code below in a file you can name whatever as long as it has extension of .php, then run it from server. Will tell settings, including those about Suhosin. I have mine at www.js9600.dk/phpinfo.php Pumping default 200 to more definitely made version 3 save settings. Scroll way down and you find Suhosin section.

Code:
<?php
// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();
?>

Last edited by js9600; Dec 14, 2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:15 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thanks for providing this info, js9600.

It seems that the suhosin default value for max variables that can be sent at once is 200, and Atahualpa 3 sends slightly more than that (around 215) when saving the options.

I will have to make the theme save one option at a time or one menu tab page at a time in a later version.

Use the fix provided in the first post of this thread by js9600 if you use Atahualpa 3.1.1 and cannot save any options for seemingly mysterious reasons. It should however be enough if you set the max to 300 or 250:

suhosin.post.max_vars = 300
suhosin.request.max_vars = 300

UPDATE: This is already fixed in the next release.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 22, 2011 at 05:13 AM.