Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Changelog 3.4.3 -> 3.4.4

Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:38 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
3.4.4 can be downloaded here: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=81

Changelog 3.4.3 -> 3.4.4:
Old Sep 25, 2009, 10:54 AM
DesignFlute

27 posts · Apr 2009
Mumbai, India
Terrific! I have been waiting for this.
and tons & tons of thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:44 AM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
If I upgrade the Atahualpa theme, will I lose all my settings?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 10:56 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You shouldn't, but you should make a database backup in any case before any kind of upgrade.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 11:11 AM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
No idea how to do that, so I guess updating is out of the question then...
Old Oct 1, 2009, 01:36 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Go to http://www.ilfilosofo.com/blog/wp-db-backup and download and install the plugin. It's really easy to do backups whenever you need, and to schedule regular ones. Download the backup file to your hard drive at least once a week (or more often if you update your site frequently). The database holds your theme settings as well as all the "stuff" your site is made of, the posts, pages, uploaded images, etc.

I just upgraded from 3.2 to 3.3.3 then to 3.3.4, and it was a breeze. But I backed up first, just to be safe.

That said, if you did ever have to repair your site from a backup, you might want to get some help, but at least you'd have the data safe on your hard drive.

By the way, you should spend some time at wordpress.org. Lots of info there.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 04:06 PM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks for the info.

You don't know much time it cost me to get my 'demo' site semi right.... Don't want to do it over again. I'm still waiting for my other question to be answered (or not). But I'll have to be patient.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 02:45 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
3.4.4 can be downloaded here: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=81

Changelog 3.4.3 -> 3.4.4:
Weren't there much more items already on "DONE" in the TODO topic for 3.4.4?
If really only the above was changed, any indication how long to wait till 3.4.5? (again some month or only weeks?)
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:27 AM
nevaratoiel

10 posts · Oct 2009
I updated, but then it completely overwrit the images folder, but the layout options fortunately stayed the same, so I only had to upload them again and everything was fixed. Maybe that's something for the next update. Make the update so that it doesn't overwrite the images folder. I made a copy of the file that manages the css, so that with the next update I can easily find back the changes I made to it.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 06:57 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Yes, you need to move the header and favicon images into the new images folder, but that's not a big deal. I think Flynn said he might make a change about that in a later version, so that the image folder is outside the theme folder.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:02 AM
wereldbol

5 posts · Nov 2009
Hello
Thanks for the back-up-plugin - downloaded it and backed-up my site.
As you said, how do you import the settings again - whenever necessary?
Any import-back-up-plugin?

Grtz
Filip
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:36 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
You can get into your phpmyadmin area via your host's control panel and do an import. I can't give you all the steps here. Juggledad is good at this stuff.

There are plugins that will help too, but if you've had a real site disaster, you might not be able to get into your dashboard at all.

The database holds your theme settings and the actual posts and pages. Your wp-content folder should be backed up via FTP now and then, because that has your plugins and the contents of your upload folder, where you're keeping the images you use in your posts.

I keep a separate text file on my hard drive, listing all the changes I've made to the theme, including the header image, a bullet image I use for lists, etc. I also make a mirror of everything that goes into the theme images folders on my hard drive, so when there is an update to Atahualpa, I just slide them over to the live site again.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 09:33 AM
TwtrCoach

22 posts · Jun 2009
Tupelo, MS
Darn not been here for a while.. and been struggling with some comment issues.. and seems like the fix is in this upgrade.

Upgrading here today.

WTG

Cheers.. Are
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:38 AM
johnd28

29 posts · Sep 2009
Hi,

I have 3 questions about the new theme. I'm using 3.4.2 at the moment:

1. In 3.4.2, if I have a left sidebar, the sidebar precedes the main content area in the code, which may not be that good in terms of SEO.
Does this change in 3.4.4?

2. I'm using 3.4.2 on a CMS site with some settings and code editions to create specific sidebars for each category. If I upgrade to 3.4.4, will all these settings be lost?

3. Do I upload this theme just like any other WP theme or is there some other way?

Thanks,

John
Old Dec 11, 2009, 05:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) no works the same

2) don't understand the question

3) yes or you can use FTP to upload it