Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Remove AdSense From Just One Page

Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:34 PM
whatever

8 posts · Aug 2009
Great theme... I have been looking for something like this all my life! ...well, ok maybe just for the last couple of months. But it is a great theme which I hope to get proficient with.

I have my adsense code in the center column... Style & edit CENTER COLUMN ... below the loop

Works great but I need to NOT have adsense show on a certain page.

Can you help me?

I found a thread from last April regarding this, I think, but couldn't follow it. Can you tell me what code I need where?

Thank you!

P.S. I know HTML but am lost with PHP

Last edited by whatever; Sep 18, 2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: added text
Old Sep 20, 2009, 06:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You can put PHP code into most text areas in the theme options

<?php if (!is_page('Page Title')) { ?>
ADSENSE code here...
<?php } ?>

Page Title = Title of page where Adsense should not be displayed
Old Sep 21, 2009, 09:12 PM
whatever

8 posts · Aug 2009
Beautiful! Works great! Thank you!

I noticed I can use page # instead of page title ...probably better.

I also noticed it doesn't work in the sidebar text widget.

Is that correct? I guess no big deal as I can just not show the sidebar for that page.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 08:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The text widget doesn't accept PHP code, use the PHP code widget http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/php-code-widget/

You can use the page name, the page slug (what the page uses in the url, e.g. mysite.com/the-page_title/) or the ID and even mix and match them when using several

<?php if (!is_page(array('Page Title', 'other-page-title', 29))) { ?>
<?php } ?>

If you use the ID and export/import your content into another blog the ID's will most likely not match anymore on the new domain. On the other hand the PHP code will not work anymore if you change the post or page title and you used the title in the code.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 09:32 PM
whatever

8 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you for the reply, Flynn. Truly appreciate it!

And I appreciate the theme... very nice!