Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] My right sidebar is gone

Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:21 PM
APerson

8 posts · Aug 2009
I've used another theme, Cutline, for quite a long time but recently started having problems with it - my right sidebar (in a 3-column setup) has disappeared from only my main (index) page - it still shows up on all other pages.

As the Cutline support is now completely useless, I thought I'd try other themes and came across this one. The problem, however, is still there - my right sidebar still doesn't show up on my main page. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
APerson

8 posts · Aug 2009
Of course, the moment I ask for help, I find the answer elsewhere. It turns out that the problem is Internet Explorer (and must be related to the manner in which their latest version likes to break HTML). It appears as if the problem has to do with the size of the header image but I'm not quite sure. Regardless, everything appears as intended in both Firefox and Google Chrome. Why does M$ have to continually mess with things and cause needless problems?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 07:18 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Did you paste text from MS Word into Wordpress? If so, paste it into a text editor first, then copy and paste in WP from there
Old Apr 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
APerson

8 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Did you paste text from MS Word into Wordpress? If so, paste it into a text editor first, then copy and paste in WP from there
Because I usually don't do that, I couldn't find the offending post (and, in fact, had forgotten I had done so) - my guess is that after I upgraded WP, was when this problem first appeared but, that was so long ago, I don't remember. Anyway, M$ Word (or other M$ code) was the cause of this very annoying problem.