Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Internet Explorer issue

Old Jul 17, 2009, 08:12 AM
pamlicoink

12 posts · Jul 2009
Apologize if this isn't the right place to post this, but we have used the theme in two versions on our Wordpress 2.8.1 site ( http://www.pamlicoink.com ) and while we as beginners are slowly figuring out some of the sidebar features, etc. on this theme, we made the change to Wordpress because of many viewing-problem complaints – busted columns, type running over photos etc on our old Dreamweaver site. We continue to get the complaints, but they do seem limited to Internet Explorer and a few Firefox users, all on Windows. We use Macs and haven't been able to find the problem. Even on Macs, the site does not look right in Internet Explorer. It shows no head logo, etc. . . Any suggestions, directions?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 11:35 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Homepage looks alright in both IE 6 and IE7, on XP. On IE/Mac it might be different but the market share of that combination is less than 0.1 percent if I'm not mistaken.

No image displayed is usually caused by spaces or special characters in the image file name.

IE specific issues are usually caused by text being copied and pasted directly from MS Word into Wordpress. If you did that (doesn't seem so on the homepage but might be on specific posts/pages) then you should re-create those pages, and this time copy into a plain text editor first to lose the (invisible) MS Word formatting
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:55 PM
mediamaveric

2 posts · May 2010
I'm using WP3.0 and ATA3.5.1.

For the logo% area to even appear in Explorer, I had to put something in the "Show Logo Image?" box in the Configure header Section, even if it's a transparent image.

The only thing that works for me is to put a transparent logo image in there or an image that's a tiny spec, and unnoticeable, so that the logo area will even appear in Explorer at all.

Weird.

www.firesidemartini.com
Old Jul 24, 2010, 08:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you are using rotating header images using the Meteor Slideshow and somehow have placed the logo image to the left. For you particular situation I would probably have put a two celled widget area in place of %logo and put the logo in the left cell and Meteor Slideshow in the right cell but maybe I'm missing something.