Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Wordpress 5.0.x shows blank pages / posts in classic editor

Old Dec 28, 2018, 08:51 AM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
Non-technical end users have been trained to adds posts to the site, so there is no desire to change things up and use the block editor. Classic editor is installed and set up as default, and users can not switch to the block editor.

Site is https://harrisonresearchlabs.com/

Since the client does the updates, not exactly sure which version of release 5 initially broke the site, but problem was that the all the posts and pages were showing up blank in the editor in 5.0.3, both the text and the visual, even though the front end rendered fine.
Rolling back to 5.02 allowed you to edit in the text tab, but the visual tab still blank.

referring to this article https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutori...visual-editor/

I added the following line at the very top after the php opening tag in the config file.

define('CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS', false)

Site is working now, but looking for a way to make this line of code persistent...in other words, how can I make it survive WP updates without adding it back each time?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 09:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I added the following line at the very top after the php opening tag in the config file.
by config file do you mean wp_config.php? If so, that will is never touched during upgrades. If the replaced that file every update, no WP site would work because that contains the database information.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
just had time to look the article you referenced and I see it is the wp_config.php that you edited. So that change should remain until you edit the file and remove it.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 07:58 AM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
Thanks! Of course, the DB info is stored there. I knew that, I just wasn't thinking!
Happy and healthy new year!