Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Trying to edit WP pages but they just hang

Old Dec 18, 2017, 05:37 PM
jeans

2 posts · Dec 2017
I'm just a lacky writer trying to update a wordpress site for a school that I volunteer for. I can open a page but when I try to save changes the whole thing freezes. Is there some kind of conflict somewhere? How to begin to unravel??
Old Dec 19, 2017, 01:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First thing is to gather some information
1) What version of Wordpress?
2) What version of Atahualpa?
3) Does your user have the role of 'admin'?
4) Did the problem just start happening? If so, what changed?
5) What happens if you disable all active plugins? (make a list so you know which to turn back on)
6) What happens if you switch to the twenty-sixteen theme?
7) Who hosts the site?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 11:10 AM
jeans

2 posts · Dec 2017
Hosted by Bluehost
WP version is 4.9.1
Not using Atahualapa: they're using Avada. It wasn't registered but I was just able to do that.
(Sorry if this is an Atahualapa forum only. I am so green at all this.) There aren't many plugins but it says there's a new version of LayerSlider and Mojo marketplace available. I hesitate before I do updates because once in the past the whole site went to shit after an update (but that must have been a theme update?)
Will test plugins later today but wanted to reply in case anything screamed out at you

Yes, problem just started happening and it must have been some autoupdate or something because the site barely gets touched these days
Old Dec 20, 2017, 12:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yeah this is a forum for the Atahualpa and Montezuma themes but I'll give you some advice

Backup the database and all the files beore you do anything else. Seriously, do a backup. That way no matter what you do, you will be able to get back to what it looks like today.

Once you have done the backup, then disable all plugins and try. If you still can't add a post, swap the theme to twenty-sixteen and try again.

Actually if you really don't knw anything about how to do a backup or how wordpress works, you - and the school need to find someone who does and probably pay them to figure out what is going wrong. The more things you try, the more you might make the situation worse.

So...have you done the backups yet?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 01:44 PM
abdou

1 posts · Mar 2013
GB
Send a message via ICQ to abdou Send a message via AIM to abdou Send a message via Yahoo to abdou Send a message via Skype™ to abdou
Looking for my other half for the night

Free relationships by mutual consent
Real Women