Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

WordPress 4.9 Update

Old Nov 15, 2017, 08:53 PM
Steve700

17 posts · Dec 2016
Ohio
My WordPress dashboard notified me that a new version is available changing from 4.8.3 to 4.9 . I was afraid a another update would mess up Atahualpa. However it works GREAT!

My menu bar down arrows disappeared with version 4.8.3 but now they are back. It might be my imagination but it seems to run a bit faster too. I have not found any issues so far. Just thought I would pass this info along to those like me that are still using this theme.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 08:05 AM
Steve700

17 posts · Dec 2016
Ohio
After the upgrade, yesterday, I thought I would check everything again. I noticed the text spacing on the home page was different. Using the WP editor I opened the page and found two tags <div class="post-headline"> and <div class="post-bodycopy clearfix"> were added. These tags are normally generated by Atahualpa when the page is loaded in a browser. Adding this extra code changed the text position on my home page. Thought I would mention this for those that update to WP 4.9 and notice your page has changed.

Last edited by Steve700; Nov 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:55 AM
zanuda

8 posts · Jul 2012
My drop down menu got back to normal too. (after update sometime at spring it became too narrow, I asked here, on forum, but never had time to do something about it. You know, holidays with kids, then start of new term and all the related mess, then overload of work...).
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:00 AM
zanuda

8 posts · Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve700
After the upgrade... I noticed the text spacing on the home page was different....
I didn't. Maybe because I'm on 3.53 or maybe because it was a lot of tweaks about everything, fonts in particularly. The idea was to get as much as possible the look to the site that was before moving to WordPress.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 04:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
@Steve I see no change between the two versions on my test site other than some minor script version changes and the menu issue you pointed out. The HTML for the posts is exactly the same.

Is your home page the blog page or some other page?
Old Nov 18, 2017, 11:55 PM
Steve700

17 posts · Dec 2016
Ohio
My home page is the called "home" and is the first page that opens when you visit the website. Blog is another page. I checked every page and the home page was the only one with the added <div>. I keep a copy of every page I post in case I have a server disaster.

I back up the server so I thought I would check the backup and I stand corrected. The div code was inserted before the update. I do not know when or understand how it got in there as I have never added a <div> inside a WordPress page.

The site is: Family Histories
Old Nov 20, 2017, 05:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just went to your site and viewed the source of the page. The entire main column - with the data removed - is:
HTML Code:
<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle">
	<div class="post post-6 page type-page status-publish hentry odd" id="post-6">
		<div class="post-headline">
			<h1><span class="dojodigital_toggle_title">Home</span></h1>
		</div>				
		<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">
<...snip...>
		</div>								
	</div><!-- / Post -->	
</td>
<!-- / Main Column -->
So something in the past must have caused the issue and unless you want to restore your site to a backup that shows the issue there is nothine I can help you with.