Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Image gallery shows up on single post but not multipage view

Old Dec 9, 2016, 02:05 PM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Not sure if it's called "multipage view" but what I mean is the front page of my blog, which shows the several most recent blog posts, does not show the image gallery with a certain post.

But when I go to that post as a single page, the gallery is there no problem.

I'm assuming it's an Atahualpa setting, but can't remember where to look.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 04:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you displaying full posts or excerpts on the front page? (look in the excerpts options)
Remember, WordPress strips all html from an excerpt but Atahualpa gives you the option to not strip some.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 10:30 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks. I have it configured for "full posts" and "the first X posts as full posts" on home is set to the max (10) but still doesn't show gallery.

Gallery is the built in wordpress code, like this:

PHP Code:
[gallery ids="1896,1893,1898,1894,1897,1895"
Old Dec 12, 2016, 05:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have no problem. Have you tried disabling ALL your plugins to see if there is a conflict?
If that doesn't work, please attach a export of the Atahualpa settings to a reply and provide the URL of the site.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:14 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
I didn't try the plugin trick (there's a lot of them) so I'll try that next.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 11:21 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Ok. The problem was with one called WP Posts Filter, which I was using to send "calendar" posts to a different page than my regular "news" blog posts. Without it, my site is kind of messed up. I'll have to look for an alternative.

Thanks for the troubleshooting!