Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Getting 500 Server Error on Header Request With Theme

Old Nov 22, 2016, 08:43 AM
redacter

14 posts · Oct 2009
I am running Wordpress 4.6.1 with Atahualpa 3.7.24 and have encountered a baffling problem. The site seems to work fine and displays properly when I call it up in my browser. But Google returns a 500 server error when I test the site with Google Fetch. I get the same error when I test it with web-sniffer.net.

After much searching, I changed to the default Twenty-Fifteen theme and the problem went away, which suggests the problem is being caused by the Atahualpa theme.

I switched to Atahualpa 3.7.22 and encountered the same problem. There must be a conflict somewhere, but where?

I tried deactivating all my plugins, but still got the same result.

Oddly, I have Wordpress builds in subdirectories running Atahualpa and have no problem getting the correct header responses from them.

I should point out that the home wordpress build is in the root directory.

The site is www.theimproper.com

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you looked at your servers error.log and/or talked to your host's support.

More than likely it is a problem with a plugin. While viewing the site in Safari and looking at the source, I do see an exception being caught....
Old Nov 22, 2016, 02:23 PM
redacter

14 posts · Oct 2009
Ok... think you are right. Appears to have had a plugin conflict with caching. I'll have to see how it goes, but all good with the theme.