Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Excerpt images with captions not displaying or wrapping as in post

Old Feb 12, 2016, 04:53 AM
yours2share

35 posts · Nov 2010
Images with captions are displaying correctly in the posts for example here

http://www.weightdebate.co.uk/5-lead...ity-solutions/

But not in the excerpts where the caption is no longer within the border and the text no longer wraps around the images.

See here http://www.weightdebate.co.uk/category/blog/ second post down

I can't find anything in ATO Style images that lets you style the images in excerpts, and I can't find anything in ATO Configure Excerpts that allows you to style images.

Is there a way of styling the excerpt images to manage the caption properly and wrap the text around it?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
two possibilities
1) you added the images differently
2) By default, excerpts remove HTML from the post. in this case you can add the html you don't want stripped at ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Don't strip these tags
Old Feb 15, 2016, 03:47 AM
yours2share

35 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks for the quick reply. I'd looked at the ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Don't strip these tags but hadn't realised that I needed to include <div> too.

That has put it right.