Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Error message in header image

Old Jan 7, 2016, 08:40 AM
KarinM

5 posts · Aug 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hi! I'm getting an error message on two of my sites where I am not using a header image. I'm not sure when this started, but it was in the last month or two, and I'm thinking it has to do with a WP update. Each site's Atahualpa header image folder is empty, as usual. The file the error message is concerned about isn't a file I've tweaked in any way. Any advice?

Thanks so much,
Karin

http://www.tomorrowsfootprint.com/
http://www.treatmentfreebeekeeping.org/
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you updated Atahualpa from an old release, there weres some changes. Go to ATO->Image Location and hit the save button and do the same at 'Style & edit HEADER AREA' and 'Header Image' and see what happens
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:16 PM
KarinM

5 posts · Aug 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Thank you! I did these saves and the problem persists....

Karin
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ATO->Export/Im[opt and export your settings. then attach tehm to a reply.

What vesion of Atahualpa and WP?

Also...do you have %image in the 'Configure Header Area' option?

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 7, 2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:52 PM
KarinM

5 posts · Aug 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm using WP 4.4.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.24.

Yes, I have %image. When I deleted that, everything above the page menu bar went away, including the error message. It would make sense to not have %image since I don't want an image, but I want the space and the title/tagline.

See settings attached.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwtomorrowsfootprintcom-20160107 settings.txt (15.8 KB, 2655 views)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 02:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, that explaines it. You have said to use an image, but you don't have one. The code expects one and hence the warning. You could edit your wp-config.php file and change the line
HTML Code:
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
to
HTML Code:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
however, that would hide any other warnings...OR

You could add the attached image into the ...wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header folder. the image is a transparency so it won't show.

You could also create a folder ...wp-content/ata-images and another folder ...wp-content/ata-images/header and put the image in there. Then change the ATO->Image Location->Relative location of images? to be 'wp-content'. This way, the next time you update Atahualpa it will not wipe out the header image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transparent.png
Views:	2266
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	2731  

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 16, 2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 02:45 PM
KarinM

5 posts · Aug 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Perfect!! Thank you so much.

It's odd that the %image suddenly started causing a problem after all these years.

Adding the transparent png to the regular header image folder worked, but I like the permanence of the second method (and I see it now in that panel of the Ata settings), so I did that. For posterity, you meant "You could also create a folder ...wp-content/ata-images and another folder ...wp-content/ata-images/header and put the image in there," right? (no "header" in the first folder, just the second)

Thanks again for your prompt help!

Karin
Old Jan 7, 2016, 05:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
For posterity, you meant "You could also create a folder ...wp-content/ata-images and another folder ...wp-content/ata-images/header and put the image in there," right? (no "header" in the first folder, just the se
You need to create the 'header' folder inside the 'ata-images' folder so the existing code will work. The header images go in the 'header' folder and if you wanted to use a logo image or a favicon, they would just go in the 'ata-images' folder (you could call this folder anything you want.)

Then, since the images are not in the theme folder, they will survive an automatic update.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 8, 2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 11:37 AM
KarinM

5 posts · Aug 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Right. There was a typo in your reply that I wanted to correct for people who may read this thread later... Thanks, again! Karin
Old Jan 16, 2016, 01:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ahh yes, fixed it.