Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Headline disappearing on single-post pages.

Old Jul 9, 2009, 06:12 AM
Matt Butts

1 posts · Jul 2009
St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA
With v 3.4 I notice that the headline does not appear on single post pages when I make a new post. It is there on older posts, and came back when I changed back to the previous version.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ah ha the key (new posts have the error, old posts are fine.

there is a new Atahualpa feature with 3.4 in dashboard->posts->edit-> Atahualpa Post Options. It seems that the upgrade automatically adds the 'post title' to 'Body Title' and it looks like that is where Atahualpa is grabbing the title for each post from. On a new post, the field is not automatcally filled in and so you get a blank title.

to fix this, edit bfa_post_parts.php and change lines 75-79 from
HTML Code:
	if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) {
		global $post;
		$bfa_ata_body_title =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true);
		$bfa_ata_body_title_saved =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_saved', true);
	}
to
HTML Code:
	if ( is_single() OR is_page() ) {
		global $post;
		$bfa_ata_body_title =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title', true);
		if (!$bfa_ata_body_title == '') {
			$bfa_ata_body_title_saved =get_post_meta($post->ID, 'bfa_ata_body_title_saved', true);
		}
	}
Old Jul 9, 2009, 03:05 PM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
That fixed it here... Woo Hoo!
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:10 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Wonderful

Thank you, and added for 3.4.1
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:11 AM
Paleo Pat

34 posts · Jan 2009
Detroit, Michigan
Send a message via ICQ to Paleo Pat Send a message via AIM to Paleo Pat Send a message via Yahoo to Paleo Pat
No problem. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out what was making it do that...

Anyhow, It's fixed, and I'm quite the happy camper!
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:37 AM
Fux

142 posts · Apr 2009
Well, now (with 3.4.1) it seems to be impossible to display no Page title on individual pages. That was possible with 3.4.0. Atahualpe won't accept empty fields neither for "Body Title" nor for "bfa_ata_body_title" - in both cases picking the original Post Title from Wordpress.
I don't think that was what the developer intended, was it?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:15 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fux
Well, now (with 3.4.1) it seems to be impossible to display no Page title on individual pages. That was possible with 3.4.0. Atahualpe won't accept empty fields neither for "Body Title" nor for "bfa_ata_body_title" - in both cases picking the original Post Title from Wordpress.
I don't think that was what the developer intended, was it?
Looking into it and will fix in 3.4.2 to be released 7-12-2009 Sunday