Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Found solution for disabling comments

Old Jun 18, 2015, 07:39 AM
JimTrail

59 posts · Sep 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
Hello Bytes For All forum!

There is a solution to the disable comments that might not be working properly in your WP blog.

I upgraded to Wordpress version 4.2.2 recently. I created a new page. On the "Screen Options" drop down I unchecked both "Comments" and "Discussion." There was a comments box on the page.

I did Google searches and found discussions on wordpress.org. Finally at last I found a solution. It is from a discussion started four years ago.

Apparently this problem has been around for several years.

From the discussion on the wordpress forum:

Unchecking the Comments checkbox in Screen Options in Pages or while editing an individual page does NOT remove comments.

Only Quick Edit of the page actually allows to disable comments for the page.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/...ion?replies=37

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 19, 2015 at 03:47 AM.