Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Enable comments after disabling?

Old Dec 21, 2013, 03:37 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
I've now decided I want people to be able to comment on www.nakedwebsite.co.uk but I spent ages disabling comments and now I cannot work out what I have done.
I've checked the discussion settings, I've reset the post/page info items to the Atahualpa default.
I've nothing in the css and I am stuck. It's probably something blindingly simple but I just can't see it.
Any ideas much appreciated!
Lisa
Old Dec 21, 2013, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you turn on commenting dashboard->settings->discussion?
You may need to go into the posts and check the 'allow comments' box
If you want to turn on commenting for all existing posts, you might want to look for a plugin to do that. And I have no idea if one even exists but I'd still look
Old Dec 21, 2013, 05:07 AM
moomum

164 posts · Aug 2010
Aha, I had ticked all the right boxes in the discussion settings - it was at the top of the post in the new pull down 'screen options' bit that WordPress brought in a while ago! Comments was ticked but not discussions.
I've said it before, and I know I'll say it again - you are a genius!
Thank you!