Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Post thumbnail size - crop not working?

Old Jun 9, 2015, 12:02 PM
TS_ts

8 posts · May 2015
Hi,
I changed the post thumbnail size from square to rectangular.

In ATO/Post Thumbnails I have set: Width 180, Height 120, Crop Yes. The original pictures are with ratio 1:1,625, so I have thicked the "Crop" option.

But in the posts category pages (as home I have a static page) the thumbnail in excerpts is not cropped as I wished. Only for new posts (and newly uploaded pictures) it works, when all the older pictures/posts still show a square size.

How to solve this?

Thanks,
Pier
Old Jun 9, 2015, 04:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The theme does not go back in time and make changes to things that already exist. You might find a plugin that can resize the old featured images.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:09 AM
TS_ts

8 posts · May 2015
Thank you juggledad,
I found Regenerate Thumbnails plugin, and it worked perfectly.
The reason why I asked is that I did the same thing (resize the excerpts thumbnails) in another Atahualpa site, and I did have no trouble at all! All worked perfectly... That is why I was wondering what was wrong with this site.
Thanks.

PS: I would profit of your attention for asking something not related. I installed recently a plugin that prevents third party content to load before user's consent (it's because of a stupid EU law entered in force in Italy a few days ago). In one site it works great. In another one maybe it blocks too much and the site ... disappear. What I see is a grey empty page. The plugin creator told that maybe my theme (atahualpa) uses for some vital functions some jquery loaded by Google ... Is that the case?
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The plugin creator told that maybe my theme (atahualpa) uses for some vital functions some jquery loaded by Google ... Is that the case?
Nope. the basic theme doesn't access any google jquery. you might have a plugin that is using it...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:06 PM
TS_ts

8 posts · May 2015
Ok, I'll try disable plugins to find the guilty one out.
Thank you for quick replay.