My RSS feed has gone dead.
The problem appears to lie somewhere in Atahualpa, because if I switch themes to Twenty Fifteen I get a clean bill of health from Feedburner and validation from Feed Validator.
Once I switch to Atahualpa, I get the following from Feedburner:
There is an issue that must be addressed with your source feed for the feed "Photocritic International"
The URL you entered does not appear to be a valid feed. We encountered the following problem: Error on line 11: The entity "laquo" was referenced, but not declared.
From Feed Validator I get this:
This feed does not validate.
line 11, column 34: XML parsing error: <unknown>:11:34: undefined entity [help]
<title>Photocritic International « Photocritic International</title>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rss version="2.0"
<title>Photocritic International « Photocritic International</title> [THIS IS LINE 11
<atom:link href="http://www.nearbycafe.com/artandphoto/photocritic/feed/" rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />
The blog's title in WP > Dashboard > General Settings is imply Photocritic International, not Photocritic International « Photocritic International.
The only place I could find the troublesome « within Wordpress itself (which I mostly manage online) was in the ATO > next post/previous post settings. I changed those to left/right arrows, but that hasn't seemed to make any difference.
I haven't made any changes (save for that, just today) to any settings, so I suspect this issue came with my most recent upgrade -- it seems to date back about three weeks. A subscriber brought it to my attention -- he missed several posts. I then realized I hadn't received them in my own inbox.
Until now I've managed subscriptions with BFA Subscribe. Per your advice in an earlier thread, I added a plugin, RS Feedburner, which doesn't seem to have made any difference.
When I apply Twenty Fifteen, as I said, Feed Validator gives me the green light. But it indicates several other issues I should consider for optimum compatibility. I'd like to solve the rss feed failure first, then get to those.
I get the same results in both Firefox and Safari, so it doesn't seems browser-specific.
Thanks in advanmce for your help.