Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Custom widget area widths

Old Jun 17, 2014, 02:22 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
Is it possible to do the custom widget width as a percentage like below or does it have to be in pixels?

HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Logo Header&cells=2&align_1=9&align_2=9&width=60%&width_2=40%'); ?>
Old Jun 17, 2014, 05:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As is...no, but with a little code change it could happen. The code would have to be changed to check for a '%' or a 'px' and use them instead of the way it currently works. And the documentation would have to be rewritten. Coding, testing and documentation would probably take 2hrs of time.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:41 AM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
Well since the client didn't pay for a responsive site, i'll stick to the pixel widths. However, it is good to know that I can custom "fix" it, if necessary.

Thanks JD!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 03:26 AM
KMJ

22 posts · Oct 2012
By the way, I've just spent a frustrating time trying to get the widget widths set because I didn't realise it had to be "width_1=200px" and not "width_1=200"! Can you clarify this in your "Add new widget areas" page to help others.
Just a minor point, thanks.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 06:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Tis will be fixed in 3.7.18 to the effect so you can use 'px' or '%' and if you don't use either, it will default to 'px'.

For example if you have
PHP Code:
width_1=25px&width_2=40 
they will both use 'px'. if you have
PHP Code:
width_1=25&width_2=40
width_1 will be 25px and width_2 will be 40%
note: if there are only 2 cells, then cell 2 will be the width of the page - 25px (width 1)
note: if there are 3 cells, then cell 2 will be the 40% of width of the page - 25px (width 1)

there will be some added documentation on screen for this too.