Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Styling Custom Widget Area

Old Nov 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
bigwavedesign

4 posts · Oct 2010
I have created three custom widgets in the footer and am having no luck decreasing the space between the title and the lists. I also want to decrease or remove the indent. Nothing is working . . .

This the site:

http://www.standingwave.ca/

Any help appreciated!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:11 PM
bigwavedesign

4 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks - I have spent hours going through the forums and have tried everything that has been suggested. Nothing makes the slightest difference. I thought it might be something in HTML/CSS inserts that was over-riding my changes, but can't find anything.

I am using Atahualpa 3.5.3 BTW.

I have always been able to solve issue by going through the forums but this one has me stumped!

I donated a few weeks back and will most likely do so again.

cheers
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:28 PM
bigwavedesign

4 posts · Oct 2010
OK - I figured out how to decrease space between title and the rest by editing the css file. whew! Still can't figure out the indent issue, but can live with it . . .
Old Nov 11, 2010, 03:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should be able to do this thru CSS Inserts and then not have to worry about editing the css.php file each update. If you decide to keep editing, remember to keep good documentation so you will remember what to do, however, I'd just use the CSS Inserts so it becomes a theme option and is stored in the database and you don't have to change it again.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 03:47 PM
bigwavedesign

4 posts · Oct 2010
Hi - nothing I add in CSS inserts has the slightest impact on the footer widgets. So I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Up to now I have always found help in the forums.

All I'm trying to do is move the lists under Links and Recent News titles to the left without the huge indent.

I have attached the settings file if that helps . . .

the site: http://www.standingwave.ca/
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-wwwstandingwaveca-20101112.txt (21.3 KB, 2096 views)