Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Remove Posts from Home Page

Old Jun 1, 2014, 12:55 AM
sriraam

10 posts · Mar 2012
Hello

I would like to remove all the posts from Home Page.

I want to display 5 posts (only title) per category on home page, nothing else. Kindly advice how to do this.

I tried to edit index.php, but it did not work.

Please help.

Thanks
Sriraam
Old Jun 1, 2014, 03:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you trry looking for a plugin?
You could code a page template
Quote:
I tried to edit index.php, but it did not work.
why didm't it work
Old Jun 2, 2014, 06:15 AM
sriraam

10 posts · Mar 2012
No, I am not looking for any plugin, want to edit in the code.

I want to display only 5 posts (only title) from each category on my home page. dont want to list the latest posts on my home page.

is it possible ?
Old Jun 2, 2014, 02:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Anything is possible...it just depends on your skill level. Like I said, you probable will want to code a page template.
Old Jun 2, 2014, 10:50 PM
sriraam

10 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks

I am new to PHP coding, can u guide me where i need to edit the code (file name) & give me the hints to modify it :-)

Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2014, 02:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I am new to PHP coding, can u guide me where i need to edit the code (file name) & give me the hints to modify it :-)
Sorry, if you are new to PHP and don't know the wordpress platform and templates, it would take too much of my volunteer time.

You could look at and possible use the template that comes with the forum 'template_multi_column_custom_query.php'. You will find it in the theme folder.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 05:39 AM
sriraam

10 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks,

I have some knowledge in WP & PHP.

I can find the template_multi_column_custom_query.php file, can you tell me where can i remove the posts from home page & display only title of the post per each category/

I know i am killing your time, but it would be better if you give some hints for my new website :-)

Thanks