Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

My header is missing

Old Feb 27, 2014, 01:09 PM
kimski1

1 posts · Feb 2014
I've been using the same WP free theme for several years w/ no problem.

The header is missing today and took the navigation tabs w/ it.

WordPress 3.8.1 - Atahualpa theme.

http://thyroidu.com/

Any thoughts?

PS I don't know how to use HTML.

Kim Wolinski
Colorado
Old Feb 27, 2014, 01:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So...did you Change anything?
Have you searched the forums?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 07:02 PM
markj

1 posts · Feb 2012
Ok, a lot of us seem to be having the same issue. I upgraded my site recently to wordpress 3.8.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.13. My site worked fine before and the heading image I uploaded worked great. As many people have experienced my heading image went away after the upgrade. Fair enough, I read how and where to put my image again. So I put my heading image of the correct size into the correct directory (/public_html/celticpennsylvania/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header). I do not use a substitute name for the theme like “ atahualpa333”. I deleted all other images in this images directory. I also followed every direction I could fine on this problem. I saved everything in Atahualpa again, cleared the cache, logged off and on and rebooted 3 times as well as examined every parameter of the theme. Nothing. Still the default header continues to display. Where is it getting this image? I deleted it everywhere I could. My image is the only one in the directory path listed above yet it does not display. I use Ipswitch as my FTP and my site is www.celticpennsylvania.com. Help!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
@markj: here is the url of the header image
HTML Code:
http://celticpennsylvania.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/2-header6.jpg
you should read about the new theme option ATO->Image Location
Old Mar 29, 2014, 03:42 PM
geezergeek

19 posts · Mar 2014
I've read about the new theme option for the header image.

I find that this doesn't work dependably.

At several of my blogs, placing the image in wp-content > ata-images > header works fine. And also saves me from re-uploading after an update.

However, at one of my blogs this doesn't work -- even though Atahualpa recognizes and renders my favicon in wp-content > ata-images > with the location set there.

Nor does it recognize that header if I place it in the standard location: wp-content > themes > atahualpa > images > header, with the location set there.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 09:52 AM
geezergeek

19 posts · Mar 2014
My remaining unsolved problems: Atahualpa doesn't recognize my header in one of my blogs, though it's in the same place -- wp-content > ata-images > header -- as it is in the others, which read it just fine. With the same settings in ATO.

I know Atahualpa sees the ata-images folder, because it reads the favicon therein. I should say that it reads the favicon that used to be there, because I replaced the original favicon there but it continues to show the old one, since deleted.

I should add that it's not clear to me (perhaps to most) when something is a WP problem and when it's Atahualpa-specific.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 07:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the url?
if you type in the full url to the image does it display? could it be a file permission issue?