Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

PHP warning help please...

Old Feb 27, 2014, 09:56 AM
webmom

3 posts · Feb 2014
Hi, my webhost recently upgraded to php5.4 and now ALL my sites are spitting out errors (not happy). Now, on my blog, I haven't recently changed anything and the only answer I found for this error was not actually helpful. So, hoping someone can help? Thanks in advance!

I'm running Atahualpa 3.7.13 and WordPress 3.8.1

PHP Warning: array_rand() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 268
Old Feb 27, 2014, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That is just a warning and if you see it on the screen it is probably because you have
HTML Code:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);
in your wp-config.php file. You can comment it out by changing it to
HTML Code:
#define('WP_DEBUG', true);
or turn it off by changing it to
HTML Code:
define('WP_DEBUG', false);
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:15 AM
webmom

3 posts · Feb 2014
WOW thank you, that was quick reply )

I know about the errors, but, prefer to fix vs simply ignore and cover up, as it can lead to worse problems later. But, for now, I will for sure use your helpful tip! Thanks again!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:27 AM
webmom

3 posts · Feb 2014
Well, debug was already turned off in config, so, just turned off error reporting in the file causing the error and added to my to-do list )
Old Mar 6, 2014, 07:29 AM
Corfromleuven

4 posts · Dec 2012
I have a similar problem here. I update both wordpress to 3.8.1. and Atahualpa to 3.7.13 and since the header is gone completely and showing the following message instead:

"Notice: Undefined index: images_root in /data/sites/web/erfgoeddagnoorderkempenbe/www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: full_width_header in /data/sites/web/erfgoeddagnoorderkempenbe/www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 64

Notice: Undefined index: full_width_header in /data/sites/web/erfgoeddagnoorderkempenbe/www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/header.php on line 82

Notice: Undefined index: full_width_footer in /data/sites/web/erfgoeddagnoorderkempenbe/www/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/footer.php on line 92"

I don't know very well what this is supposed to mean. But can I do the same as mentioned above. And to avoid needless replies: which WP-CONFIG file should I find and where?

Thanks for all your help.

Kind regards,
Old Mar 6, 2014, 02:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to
'Style & edit HEADER AREA' and do a save
'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN' and do a save
'Style & edit FOOTER' and do a save
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:06 PM
jmartintreswnet

1 posts · Jul 2014
I'm having the same problem as Corfromleuven. I've tried to save again but nothing happens:

Notice: Undefined index: images_root in ...

Notice: Undefined index: full_width_header in ...

Notice: Undefined index: full_width_footer in ...

Notice: Undefined index: page_post_options in ...

The problems is that the fields are empty, no default value either.

I tried to create manualy the fields in the database but again with no results.

Thanks for help.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I tried to create manualy the fields in the database but again with no results.
Can you explain how you manually created the fields in the database? what table? what key value did you use?

Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: images_root in ...
go to ATO->Image Location - hit SAVE
Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: full_width_header in ...
go to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA - hit SAVE
Quote:
Notice: Undefined index: full_width_footer in ...
go to ATO->Style & edit FOOTER - hit SAVE

go to ATO-> - hit SAVE

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 01:09 PM
sowelljan

18 posts · Aug 2011
San Diego, California
I am receiving an error in my header:
Warning: array_rand() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/friendsoflibrary/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_header_config.php on line 268
Please note, the problem goes away when I make the relative location of images in the atahualpa/ata-images directory. However, if I use this directory, I will have problems every time I update the theme. Presently, I am holding my header images in wp-content/ata-images, hoping we can resolve this issue.

While under construction, my website url is http://www.friendsofknhlibrary.org/, the site is hosted with GoDaddy.

I have followed your directions below, including:
1. Changing the wp-config.php file to reflect "define('WP_DEBUG', false);"
2. Went to 'Style & edit HEADER AREA' and do a save, 'Style & edit CENTER COLUMN' and do a save, 'Style & edit FOOTER' and do a save
3. Changed wp-content/ata-images/ and interior directories to 755, and images within those folders to 644
4. Formatted the the header area without %image - which makes everything work...

I am using Atahualpa 3.7.15, WordPress 3.9.2

Could you offer me direction on resolving this error message? Is there a fix?

Last edited by sowelljan; Aug 11, 2014 at 01:16 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 06:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ATO->export/import - do an export and attach it to a reply

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM.