Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Easy Digital Downloads CSS being over-ridden by Atahualpa

Old Feb 13, 2014, 01:43 PM
User108

5 posts · Feb 2014
Hi,

I have Easy Digital Downloads plugin installed and want to format the text size of the download title font, and generally format text. they have me make a child css of edd.css and edit that, which I did with no effect.

They replied when I asked them below. Please let me know what within Ata css, or rather child css, I need to fix so edd.css can do what it needs to do. thank you!

DIGITAL DOWNLOADS REPLY ABOUT FORMAT TEXT

"It appears that you have some page CSS that is overriding any changes your theme or EDD is applying. If you view source on your site, you'll see line 46 is a large string of CSS, and at the last section of it, is the style:

h3{font-size:24px;line-height:1.3;margin:1em 0 .2em;}

http://cl.ly/image/0s3w3d0X001O

I believe once you determine where this is coming from, and remove it, you shouldn't continue to have this problem.

Since the titles are wrapped in an H3 tag, and this onpage CSS loads after all references to theme CSS and Plugin CSS files, it takes precedence.

- Chris K. Easy Digital Downloads.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 13, 2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 02:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That is part of the theme's CSS. The plugin should have something else it can trigger it's CSS on to over ride this CSS, something more specific. The should have a class or ID they can use in thier CSS to avoid conflicts.

IMHO a plugin not qualifing thier CSS with a unique ID or class is practicing poor coding techniques.