Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Navigation bar changed over night

Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:21 PM
GreenSkies

2 posts · Jan 2014
My navigation bar changed over night. I'm the only admin and the server is secure. I've rollback to previous instances and it seems that the problem is related to resource outside of the server since all instances of over a month ago appear in the same way.

This wordpress site was initially build by another developer and I was the one who migrated it over to a new server. A couple of days ago it was working fine and now it's being displayed as a simple text list in the left hand corner somewhat hidden behind the logo instead of as a solid navigation bar.

I'm using:Atahualpa 3.5.3 with Wordpress 3.8

Here is the code from the from the "Style & edit Header Area" tab:
Code:
<div id="navigation">
<ul id="p7PMnav">
  <li id="acceptNav"><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/" class="p7PMtrg">Raising the Validity Bar</a>
      <ul id="secondary">
	<li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/test-development" class="p7PMtrg">Test Development</a></li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/how-good-test-are-made" class="p7PMtrg">How Good Tests Are Made</a></li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/testing-listening-comprehension" class="p7PMtrg">Testing Listening Comprehension</a>
		<ul id="secondarySub">
        		<li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/testing-listening-comprehension/playing-the-recording-once-or-twice" class="p7PMtrg">Playing the Recording Once</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/testing-listening-comprehension/texts-for-testing-listening-comprehension" class="p7PMtrg">Texts for Listening Comprehension</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/testing-listening-comprehension/the-listening-comprehension-construct" class="p7PMtrg">Listening Comprehension Construct</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/raising-the-validity-bar/testing-listening-comprehension/writing-listening-comprehension-items" class="p7PMtrg">Listening Comprehension Items</a></li>
      		</ul>      		
	</li>
      </ul>
  </li>

<li id="dilemmaNav"><a href="/index.php/assessments/" class="p7PMtrg">Assessments</a>
      <ul id="secondary2">
	<li><a href="/index.php/assessments/spectrum-english/" class="p7PMtrg">Spectrum English</a>
		<ul id="secondarySub">
        	<li><a href="/index.php/assessments/spectrum-english/spectrum-academic-english/" class="p7PMtrg">Academic English</a></li>
		</ul>
	</li>
        </ul>
  </li>  
  <li id="researchNav"><a href="/index.php/consulting/" class="p7PMtrg">Consulting</a>
      <ul id="secondary3">
        <li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/" class="p7PMtrg">Test Publishers</a>
		<ul id="secondarySub">
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/item-writing/" class="p7PMtrg">Item Writing</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/piloting-items/" class="p7PMtrg">Piloting Items</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/psychometrics/" class="p7PMtrg">Psychometrics</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/writing-manuals-and-reports/" class="p7PMtrg">Reports</a></li>
			<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/validation-and-research-studies/" class="p7PMtrg">Validation</a></li>
			<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/technical-services/" class="p7PMtrg">Technical Services</a></li>
			<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/consulting-for-test-publishers/test-design/" class="p7PMtrg">Test Design</a></li>

</ul>
	</li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/consulting/government-agencies/" class="p7PMtrg">Governments</a>
	<ul id="secondarySub">
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/government-agencies/item-writing/" class="p7PMtrg">Item Writing</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/government-agencies/multi-language-capability/" class="p7PMtrg">Multi-Language Capability</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/government-agencies/test-and-item-review/" class="p7PMtrg">Test and Item Review</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/government-agencies/consulting-for-government-agencies/" class="p7PMtrg">Test Design</a></li>
      		</ul>
	</li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/consulting/business-services/" class="p7PMtrg">Business Services</a>
<ul id="secondarySub">
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/business-services/developing-new-tests/" class="p7PMtrg">Developing New Tests</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/business-services/evaluating-your-current-tests/" class="p7PMtrg">Evaluating Current Tests</a></li>
        		<li><a href="/index.php/consulting/business-services/reducing-english-language-related-business-costs/" class="p7PMtrg">Reducing Language-Related Costs</a></li>
      		</ul>
	</li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/consulting/online-delivery/" class="p7PMtrg">Online Test Delivery</a></li>
      </ul>
  </li>
  <li id="bottlingNav"><a href="/index.php/online-test-delivery/gateways/" class="p7PMtrg">English Learners</a>

</li>      
  <li id="updatesNav"><a href="/index.php/online-test-delivery/" class="p7PMtrg">Online Delivery</a>
      <ul id="secondary5">
        <li><a href="/index.php/online-test-delivery/gateways/" class="p7PMtrg">Gateways</a></li>
        <li><a href="/index.php/online-test-delivery/online-demo/" class="p7PMtrg">Online Demo</a></li>
      </ul>
  </li>      
  <!--[if lte IE 6]><style>#p7PMnav a{height:1em;}#p7PMnav li{height:1em;}#p7PMnav ul li{float:left;clear:both;width:100%}</style><![endif]-->
  <!--[if IE 6]><style>#p7PMnav ul li{clear:none;}</style><![endif]-->
</ul>
</div>
</div>
%logo

<div id="utilNav" >&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href="/index.php/company/">Company</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="/index.php/contact-us/">Customer Support</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="/index.php/contact-us/">Sales</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="/index.php/contact-us/">Contact Us</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="/index.php/join-our-team/">Join Our Team</a>&nbsp; | &nbsp;<a href="/index.php/privacy/">Privacy</a>&nbsp; | </div>

<!-- To remove the ad altogether, start removing here... --> 
<div style="position:absolute;top:38px;left:0px;width:980px;height:116px;">
     <!-- Put the ad code BELOW this (and remove the sample text if there is any) -->
%image

<!-- Put the ad code ABOVE this -->
</div>

<!-- End removing the ad here -->

Please let me know if you have any idea what caused this issue and how I may troubleshoot or replace this menu.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	After.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	2481  Click image for larger version

Name:	before.png
Views:	1152
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	2482  
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you are on an old release of Atahualpa which is now at 3.7.13. At one point wordpress changed things and the version of Atahualpa at that time would not work and/or there were strange issues. I do not recall which versions they were. (feel free to search the forums)

My advice is that if you are keeping your wordpress current, you shoud make it a ratice to do the same with your theme and any plugins you have.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 12:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This would take looking at more than just that code. Have you checked the CSS? Something must have changed on the site to make this happen.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 02:18 PM
GreenSkies

2 posts · Jan 2014
Thank you. We didn't have any upgrades for weeks so it's an odd behavior to change over night.

Is it possible that the p7PMnav id could have resided on the old developer's server and that when I migrated a missed a reference so that everything worked until the old developer shut off his server? The migration occurred over a year ago but this problem is evident in all my older server images (although at the time they were working). As of earlier this week everything was working fine. And now even once good server images have this problem. I'm thinking my server was referencing an outside source some how. Does that make any sense?
Old Jan 29, 2014, 03:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Without the URL it is hare to say. Could be you have a style.css that was on the other server but that is only a guess. Could be that the WP 3.8.1 upgrade the other night effected you. Who knows...