Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Updating server PHP to 5 reset all options

Old Jan 1, 2014, 06:36 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
After resetting the version of PHP on my server to 5 all of the Atahualpa theme options for my installation seem to have been reset, effectively destroying my site. Can anyone shed any light on why this may have happened and/or what can be done to repair it?
Many thanks,
Andrew
Old Jan 1, 2014, 06:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Off the top of my head, I have no idea why this should happen.
1) What was the prior php version?
2) do you have a database backup?
3) do you know how to use phpMyAdmin?

if you know how to use phpMyAdmin, go into the database and look at the wp-options table. Search for a record with the option_name 'bfa_ata4' - generally you can browse the table, jump to the end and it is towards the end of the table.

can you find it?

It might be possible to export that record and I could import it - then do an export - within Atahualpa - of the settings and you could try importing them.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jan 1, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 07:11 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks!
1) I'm not sure the exact version, but less than 5.
2) I'm not sure how the cPanel DB backup system works. I downloaded a "backup" after this disaster occurred. I assume the DB I downloaded, therefore, does not contain the settings I lost.
3) I was able to locate the table you refer to and the option_name bfa_ata4.

I think what I need to do is determine if the backup I have contains the previous settings or the reset ones. It seems obvious it is the latter, in which case it sounds as though I'm screwed.

Thanks very much for your help.

Andrew
Old Jan 1, 2014, 07:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you did a backup after the disaster, it won't be much help. Try talking to your host.

I know this isn't going to help this, but now you know why you should be doing regular backups of your site - database and files.

Take a look at some backup plugin - I use BackupBuddy wich is a premium plugin but it allows me to schedule backups (full of just the DB) and ship them to an off host site. I can also migrate sites using the plugin.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 07:43 AM
hubbiida

17 posts · Nov 2010
Gotcha. I confirmed that by opening the SQL download in Word. It's the reset one, as would be natural. Indeed, I wasn't aware that one needs to backup the DB and the site. Well, live and learn. Anyhow, it was time for an update. This is the kick in the pants I needed. Many, many thanks for your help.
Andrew