Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Add Masonry to Multi colums Custom Query ?

Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:33 AM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
Is it possible to add a "masonry function" to Multi colums Custom Query on homepage?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
A what?? What is a masonary function?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:09 PM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
:-D I'm sorry I had to to speak very badly! I would like to know if we can make the colums fit together like a grid of items, with a masonry style, this is name is not like that ?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 01:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The multiple columns are rows of a table, each table row will be the height of the largest table cell.

if you have a post of a 1000 words and one of 20 words, there will be a lot of blank space under teh post with 20 words

Feel free to make any changes you want to the template, if you come up with anything good, please share it.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 09:50 AM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
Hi !

Here I am (with my old problem)

I tried to find a solution, but I did not succeed ... I'm sure there is an easy way of saying that the height of the column must depend on the height of the content of the article .. ., and if the content is short, so then the following content may come up empty place.

Here is a picture of what I have on my website right now ... it makes me sad ...

Someone would not have the solution?
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't think you can get a masonry layout with Atahualpa unless there is a plugin that will display them that way.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 12:52 PM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
Thank you for your answear Lmilesw !

I just want a layout grid, in addition to being columns!

With all the sites like Tumblr, Pinterets ... it seems that it is easy now, but I can not find solutions, you know the name of a plugin that could do this?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 03:39 AM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
I know there are codes in "self-service" to develop this type of layout, but I do not know how to use, if a developer is able to find a way to adapt it to the layout "multi columns custom query" I can pay for it ... please!
Old Mar 8, 2014, 03:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
I'm sure there is an easy way of saying that the height of the column must depend on the height of the content of the article .. ., and if the content is short, so then the following content may come up empty place.

if a developer is able to find a way to adapt it to the layout "multi columns custom query" I can pay for it
1) it would mean a rewrite of some of the theme's core code
2) are you willing to pay for 30-40 hours of work up front?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 04:34 AM
Staysimple

26 posts · Nov 2013
OMG so many hours that? I don't think it would be so complicated, that's why I can't do it alone ...

I understand better the scope of work, and am not ready then to finance such a project ...

Thank you